Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Assistant Chemist I
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac, PediaSure, Pedialyte, Ensure, Glucerna and ZonePerfect - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Casa Grande, Arizona is one of six Abbott nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., with about half of its products exported around the world. Working here, you'll feel part of a family - a family of 400 that works together to help nourish the world. Major Responsibilities: Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING Required:
- Conduct raw ingredient analyses which consist of simple titrations, moisture testing, organoleptic testing, sediment testing, etc.
- Conduct in-process and finished product testing including: determination for vitamins using various lab methods, protein and mineral analysis; fat by Mojonnier extraction technique, total solids determination, Iodide, chloride testing, and fatty acid profiles by Gas Chromatography per approved Laboratory Methods.
- Complete appropriate documentation and calculations needed for Standardization tests including: KOH, vitamin additions, final water calculations and physical tests such as pH, viscosity, grain color, and sensory evaluation.
- Complete housekeeping responsibilities such as washing glassware, waste disposal, general laboratory sanitation, etc.
- High school diploma with 1 year of college chemistry and mathematics, plus 2 years of related laboratory or plant experience.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions, follow written directions, prepare simple reports, read and record gauge and display readings.
- Mathematics knowledge and basic statistical comprehension.
- Ability to lift and push packages up to 60 lbs. in addition to normal laboratory work.
- This individual will recognize and report method procedure problems, out-of-specification conditions and report to supervision.
- Must be able to identify issues with test methods.
- Ability to recognize potential threats to product quality.
- Responsible for detecting and correcting documentation errors.
- Strong teamwork and ability to work plant personnel in other departments.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Math, or closely related technical field.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- • A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- • Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- • Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- • Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- • Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- • Paid time off
- • 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- • The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
Operations Quality DIVISION:
ANSC Nutrition Supply Chain LOCATION:
United States > Casa Grande : Plant ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
No MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous standing for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf