Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
Under limited supervision, develops, maintains and communicates manufacturing schedules to build products which meet finished goods demands thus shipping products to customers in a timely manner. Creates manufacturing schedules to achieve zero back orders, a key performance indicator. WHAT YOU'LL DO
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Leads weekly meetings with key stake holders to ensure recommended manufacturing schedule will meet all business demands. Meeting may include stake holders from some or all of the following functions: manufacturing, supply chain, clinical, regulatory, quality and marketing.
- Implements inventory policies set by Supply Chain management to manage finished goods and raw material inventory.
- Generates reports of moderate complexity and performs data analysis to proactively plan or resolve issues.
- Develops and provides a detailed scheduling plan for finished goods which supports the top level approved build plans, assuring quantity and mix are clearly communicated to manufacturing and other manufacturing groups.
- Releases work orders in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and updates Kanban quantities to support build plans.
- Reviews forecast data, backorder reports and commodity/purchasing updates, including early warning signs, to prioritize and expedite manufacturing jobs to prevent or clear backorders.
- Reviews and updates material master data on regular basis to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manages safety stock in partnership with purchasing.
- Approves and creates rework or special work orders in the ERP system.
- Reviews and updates outdated open jobs which require rescheduling or closing.
- Partners with purchasing and warehousing to minimize and dispose of slow moving, obsolete and expiring inventory.
- Generates reports of moderate complexity, as needed, with solid understanding of purchasing and product line operations.
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Bachelors Degree ( 16 years) in Supply Chain, Business or equivalent or an an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 4 years
- Progressively responsible experience in manufacturing schedule planning.
- 1 year of experience with planning/work order systems.
- 1 year experience working in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred.
- APICS or other planning related certification preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial securitythrough competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Health care and well-being programsincluding medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k)retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a companywith a record of strong financial performance and history ofbeing actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us atwww.abbott.com, on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/Abbottand on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
Supply Chain DIVISION:
AVD Vascular LOCATION:
United States > Temecula : Building E - TE Floor-3 ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 5 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
Not Applicable SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf