Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Electrophysiology and Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives. Senior Technical Writer - St Paul (Little Canada) Tech Center
The Senior Technical Writer
is a critical technical contributor to building compelling products within Abbott's Electrophysiology (EP)
Division. In this role, you will be responsible for writing and editing technical documents including requirements documents, specifications, design history files, and other design documents. You will participate the development and deployment of system and software architecture to support our development programs. Working with cross-functional teams you will be responsible for ensuring accuracy, consistency, and robust documentation for the design, develop, and testing of software applications embedded in diagnostic and interventional cardiology devices. The Sr Technical writer participates in all phases of the software lifecycle, including concept development, requirements, design, implementation, and testing.Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Technical Writing: Write and edit technical documents including requirements documents, specifications, verification and validation documents, Design Planning documents, Design Review records. etc.
- Technical Documentation Management: Maintain and update software requirements and design documents
- Review, circulate, edit, assemble, inspect and duplicate reports and documentation.
- Contribute significantly to completion of various project activities, from definition, use cases, identifying software functional requirements, IFU reviews, and final submission documentation according to medical device development processes.
- Reviews Design Control documentation to assess compliance to processes and procedures and works with teams to address and correct deficiencies.
- Participates in product/process improvement
- Evaluate, develop, and validate spreadsheets and database infrastructure as needed to support software requirement metrics collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure documentation is written and managed such that it can be used throughout the product life cycle for on-market and future products.
- B.A. or B.S from an accredited College/University (English or Communications major preferred).
- 6+ years of relevant experience (preferably writing) in a related area such as R&D, Technical Product Development, or Quality in an FDA or highly regulated environment. Advanced degree may substitute for years of experience.
- Writing, editing and managing engineering and technical documentation utilized in the development of new products and improvement of existing products.
- Experience with creating and managing requirements and translating them into effective architectures and software design
- An understanding of requirements for, and experience in medical device development
- Excellent documentation skills (highly regulated development environment)
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Software development through full product life-cycle
WHAT WE OFFER
- Master's Degree in Communications, Technical Communications, or Scientific Writing
- Medical device industry experience
- Knowledge of 62304 and other standards applicable to Class II and Class III medical devices
- Experience with DOORS and JIRA systems
- Good working knowledge of personal computer software programs in Windows environment
- Academic GPA: 3.0 plus
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.comFollow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal. JOB FAMILY:
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Product Development DIVISION:
EPHF Electrophysiology & Heart Failure LOCATION:
United States > Minnesota > St. Paul > Tech Center : One St Jude Medical Drive ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 10 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
Not Applicable SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf