Working under the general supervision of Principal Investigator, and in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures, conducts a variety of routine experiments where methodologies are clearly established. Calculates, transcribes, and analyzes data. May perform literature searches under direction of supervisor. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine tests following established methodologies, such as extraction of DNA and RNA from tissues.
- Prepares and maintains tissue cultures.
- Record data, summarizes, and analyzes results.
- Prepares laboratory reagents, chemicals, instruments, and equipment.
- Discusses progress of work regularly with supervisor.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- BS in a biological/physical science required. (New graduate with relevant course or project work)
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred but not required, as training will be provided.
- Experience with spreadsheets is helpful.
- Good organizational skills, detail oriented
- Sound degree of computer literacy
- Ability to methodically record data and to analyze data using basic statistics
- Ability to perform a variety of routine tests and prioritize work
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism
The laboratory conducts lung cancer research using cancer cell-lines and tissue/s (blood borne pathogens). Universal precautions must be adhered to and followed at all times. The lab is aBL2 (Biolevel 2) safety environment.
Posting ID: 611342006Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Technical Research Assistant