Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries. JOB DESCRIPTION:About Abbott
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health. Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
The Informatics Specialist will be a technical leader with focus on a sophisticated consultative selling model. The successful candidate will exhibit a mix of strong IT technical aptitude (middleware: LIS; HIS; networking, and data mining): industry knowledge; laboratory experience; strong selling skills; and leadership. The customer approach will focus on a "concept sell" ... creating the customer need and helping to define their decision criteria (rather than a lower level "brand sell" which focuses more on detailing features and benefits). The Informatics Specialist's goal will be to work with a sales team to evaluate a laboratory's need form a workflow; labor; and hardware/Informatics perspective; develop a recommended laboratory solution; and assist the local sales team in closing new business. The Informatics Sales Specialist will utilize the customer assessment to develop strategies and solutions for information and Informatics products to differentiate and create value for the overall Abbott Solution. The Informatics Sales Specialist will need to be able to develop customer benefits metrics and articulate the value of the Abbott Informatics solution to multiple levels of Abbott's customer's organizations. Much of the success of the Informatics Sales Specialist will depend on how well they work within a multi-faceted selling an operations team. What You'll Do
Education And Experience You'll Bring Minimum Position Requirements
- The National Informatics Specialist is responsible for driving new business acquisitions in the most strategic US accounts and sharing best practices across health systems.
- A candidate exhibiting best practice experience on the following topics will be advantageous in this role: systemwide network design, streamlining integration to the Laboratory Information System, and organizational guidance between hospital operations, laboratory, IT, and administration.
- Mentorship/teamwork/collaboration with regional teams
- A successful candidate will exhibit strong leadership and collaboration skills with the 6 regional technical solutions teams.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Work with Area senior management and their direct management to develop qualified prospects lists; this will be absolutely critical, so goals are aligned; and so, their many demands are prioritized properly.
- Lead team of sales professional in highly complex customer environment... e.g. where higher levels of automation or Informatics solutions may be required; or where multi-site or matrixed customer decision making is in effect.
- The Informatics Sales Specialist will need to be lead both entry level territory sales professional; and also, higher level employees such as IDN managers (US) and Product Specialists. As the Division's subject matter experts (SMEs) on laboratory automation Informatics; and consulting; the Informatics Specialist will be responsible for educating others in their associated commercial teams on the various technical areas of information technology and IT consulting.
- There will be a significant element of training and coaching, so their knowledge can be shared and drilled down into the organization.
- Bachelor's Degree
Strong IT hardware and software experience.
Preferred Position Requirements
- Experience in healthcare market and industry
- There is extensive travel required for this position up to 75%
WHAT WE OFFER
- 2 plus years of experience IT hardware and software experience
- Experience in the laboratory is advantageous.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial securitythrough competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
- Health care and well-being programsincluding medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k)retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a companywith a record of strong financial performance and history ofbeing actively involved in local communities
www.abbottbenefits.com Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity. Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews.JOB FAMILY:
Sales Support & Administration DIVISION:
ADD Diagnostics LOCATION:
United States of America : Remote ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS:WORK SHIFT:
Yes, 75 % of the Time MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE:
No SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Driving a personal auto or company car or truck, or a powered piece of material handling equipment, Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf