GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
One Brave Idea (OBI) is currently seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, and talented individual to carry out clinical research related to novel phenotyping of cardiovascular disease. The Clinical Research Assistant will work under the supervision of the Director of Operations and follow established policies and procedures. Given our large scale of recruitment, s/he will closely collaborate with a team of approximately five clinical research assistants. The Clinical Research Assistant will be responsible for recruiting and evaluating patients for studies, collecting and organizing patient data, maintaining and updating data generated by the study, and data analysis. Because much of the work is team-based, the candidate will closely collaborate with a group of research assistants, clinicians, and data scientists.
OBI is a unique $75 million investment focused on combating coronary heart disease, enabled by a collaboration between the American Heart Association, Verily, AstraZeneca, and Quest Diagnostics. The goal of the investment is to combine innovative participant phenotyping, large scale genetic, genomic and proteomic characterization, and mechanistic cell biology to enable novel discoveries and drive their application to clinical practice. OBI's current activities include work in data analytics, genomics, genetics, cell biology, care redesign, and machine learning. The organization is composed of approximately 40 individuals including faculty, staff, and research and clinical fellows and associates. OBI operates with a startup mentality - as such, the Clinical Research Assistant must be able to adapt to evolving goals and priorities. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Provide assistance on clinical research studies as per study guidelines and protocols.
- Recruit and evaluate potential study participants.
- Significant interaction with study participants, including patient education, procedural instruction. May serve as a liaison between patient and physician.
- Responsible for collecting data and maintaining patient information databases. May be required to input data, do minimum analysis and run various reports. Maintain patient records.
- Monitor and set up any needed equipment.
- Maintain inventory and order supplies when necessary.
- May be asked to perform clinical tests such as phlebotomy, EKGs, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills given extensive interaction with study participants.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of clinical research protocols.
- Knowledge of computer programs, databases, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a variety of tasks.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subject's rights and individual needs.
Qualifications :QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Works in patient care areas
- Works in a laboratory setting
- Works in an outpatient clinic
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Degree in biology, chemistry, or related field
- Experience conducting clinical research.
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Experience with statistical analysis and/or computer programming.
Posting ID: 611342128Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Medicine Brave Idea