Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a RN, Clinical Educator who:
Utilizes adult educational principles and leadership skills. Strives to meet the comprehensive needs of the clinical staff and patients/significant others in a safe and caring professional manner. Provides for the well-being of patients through patient advocacy, education and effective/collegial communication with physicians, other departments, clinical and non-clinical staff. Collaborates with Manager/Director for maintaining and improving clinical skills through professional development and services as a role model for other clinicians. Performs responsibilities within the guidelines of the Hospital Policies, state regulatory and accrediting requirements.Essential Functions:
- Coordinates orientation of new hires. Mentors and coaches unit preceptors to foster positive experiences and a supportive learning environment. Coordinates clinical and educational programs for staff, patients and community. Demonstrates knowledge of patient rights, bio-ethical standards and legal aspects of consents; serves as a patient advocate. Executes education and training in the clinical as well as classroom environment. Develops and uses various teaching methods to facilitate learning, i.e., lectures demonstrations, self-learning, role modeling, preceptor skills, bedside/clinical site evaluation.
- Helps to maintain a centralized educational tracking system. Initiates individual action plan to achieve goals of professional growth and personal well-being. Submits summary of learning needs achieved from current year's plan prior to evaluation. Serves as a consultant and resource for staff caring for patients as well as ancillary department staff. Maintains all necessary documentation and records in a legible, accurate and complete manner, including education and competency record keeping.
- Monitors, coordinates and participates as necessary in the orientation program for all staff. Participates in general patient care service orientation program, as necessary. Meets regularly with the Manager of Education Services. Monitors effectiveness and appropriateness of current policies and procedures and makes recommendations to enhance those resources as indicated. Coordinates and/or participates in unit based in-services for new equipment, policies and procedures, new medications, etc.
- Participates in performance improvement by planning and providing clinical education based on practice findings/data, direct observation, unit needs, and identified action plans. Assists with the evaluation of the program's effectiveness and attainment of goals. Participates in the evaluation of clinical issues and coordination of staff education/training.
- Identifies educational and training needs of the staff through daily rounds, observing staff performing direct patient care, and discussing needs at unit, leadership, and professional practice meetings. Expands the scientifically based nursing practice by utilizing, facilitating and participating in nursing research. Disseminates recent innovations and research findings relevant to nursing practice and patient outcomes.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:Education:
- Bachelor's Degree (BSN): Required
- Master's Degree (MSN): Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Preferred
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification: Preferred
- Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the state of practice: Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Posting ID: 611342745Posted: 2021-03-09Job Title: Rn Clinical Educator