Transportation Solutions Manager II
Transportation is a pillar for any supply chain, and at DHL Supply Chain you are a part of everyday life; because a storm or the breakdown of a truck shouldn't stop our customer's products from getting to the consumer when they need them the most. Working in transportation, you will be a part of our business. All members of our transportation teams ensure that the supply chain doesn't break. They work tirelessly with internal and external parties to guarantee the best solution for the customer. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and you are looking for a good challenge to grow your career in transportation; DHL has the opportunity for you.
To maximize the performance of the site by directing the daily, weekly, and monthly activities; providing leadership, motivation, training and development of the staff; executing against customer requirements and achieving operational performance. To make DHL Supply Chain the customer's provider of choice and a great place to work.
• Provides subject matter expertise to Customer, Business Development, and other account-level management, with regard to domestic and/or international Transportation Management capabilities and strategies.
• Work with customer to develop logistics strategies and processes for entering new markets on a global basis. Aid customer in creating a cost-effective i supply chain.
• Stays abreast of market conditions (e.g.: capacity constraints, surcharges, etc.) and collaborates with customer to evaluate trade-offs between transportation costs, inventory costs, and service levels.
• Leads and manages bid events and the efforts to secure carrier quotes and pricing for customers.
• Monitors and analyzes the domestic and/or international transportation modes for opportunities to drive toward lowest cost to serve for our customers and lowest cost of ownership for the company.
• Manages the carrier relationships consistent with implemented
• Leads and participates in delivering continuous improvement for the Carrier Programs.
• May develop and maintain a process for monitoring and reviewing new business pursuits and renewal initiatives, including updating and maintaining a pipeline report of activity.
• Manage activities to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates.
• Set clear performance expectations and ensure individual accountability.
• Implement associate performance reviews, individual development plans and succession plans as needed.
• Ensure compliance to the routines outlined in the site interaction matrix and standard operating procedures.
• Ensure company policies are communicated, administered, and enforced (i.e., accounting, operational, safety, regulatory, and administrative).
• Participate in managing turnover among hourly and supervisory staff consistent with the site turnover objectives.
• Ensure associates and supervisory staff have proper access to the necessary tools to perform their assigned duties and manage the availability and maintenance of those tools.
• Effectively interacts with account management teams to define objectives, scope, and deliverables of domestic and/or international transportation solutions.
• Provides consultation in the development and implementation of transportation solutions, including concept of operations plans, staffing and costing, systems concepts, commercial value propositions, etc.
• Operate within the agreed budget (P&L) for the site (allocation of overtime, purchasing, etc.)
• Develops and implements programs, processes, tools, and training to support effective domestic and/or international transportation solutions. Provides processes, tools, and training to business units (Company and/or Customer), including templates and tools for capabilities presentations, costing and pricing models, customer surveys and requirements assessment, concept of operations, value propositions, commercial arrangements, reporting/KPI templates, transportation project plans, implementation strategies, and concepts.
• Establishes and monitors solution standards, relative to services offered and the associated costs (people, process, and technology) to ensure effectiveness of presented solutions in terms of cost and value.
• Facilitates transfer of knowledge and information between Solutions Development and Solutions Delivery teams upon successful award of business to ensure smooth implementation of identified solution(s).
• Executes strategic sourcing and procurement strategy, as defined by Managed Transportation and/or Customer as applicable. Establishes and applies business processes and tools that effectively support the sourcing and procurement methodology.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
• Master's degree in Transportation, Logistics, Business, or related field, preferred
• Four-five (4-5)years of experience in domestic and/or international Supply Chain and/or domestic and/or international Transportation Operations, required
• For International roles, will ideally to include freight forwarding, ocean, international air freight (parcel/cargo), customs brokerage, etc.,
• For Domestic Roles, will ideally include TL, LTL, Intermodal, Rail, & Parcel), preferred
• Previous experience in a Third-Party Logistics (3PL) Transportation Management role, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures