Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk. DESCRIPTION:
Directs daily activities of assigned group of hourly and temporary employees working in a Distribution Center in Garner, NC. Activities of employees supervised could include loading, shipping and receiving products, or office and clerical functions. Develops work schedules, and monitors employee performance. Trains employees, and ensures policies and procedures are followed. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and oversee employee job assignments to meet customer needs.
- Participate in hiring decisions of new employees and monitor employee performance.
- Ensure adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Conduct performance evaluations and administer corrective action when appropriate.
- Warehouse Supervisors may train new employees on equipment operation, shipping, receiving, loading, unloading, and other warehouse responsibilities.
- Provide backup in absence of manager, and backup other employees, performing any functions needed in assigned area.
- Set a positive example for employees by demonstrating safe work habits, dependability, and commitment to perform quality work.
- Assist in leading safety meetings and implementing safety initiatives.
- Keep staff well informed of new procedures and any other changes.
- Warehouse Supervisors may be responsible for overseeing inventory control and cycle counts.
- Address and resolve customer service issues as they arise.
- May compile and analyze data and reports related to warehouse operations.
- Complete other assignments and projects as requested by management.
- Supervise hourly and temporary employees.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring decisions.
- Authority to administer corrective action and recommend pay increases.
- No authority to terminate employees without management and Human Resources approval.
- May assist in budgeting activities and salary administration.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
- Experience in functions being supervised.
- Previous supervision experienced preferred.
- Good working knowledge of AS400.
- Previous warehouse experience.
- Basic knowledge and commitment to Mohawk safety standards.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Good communication skills.
- Commitment to safe work environment.
- Committed to quality customer service.
- Demonstrated positive work habits, dependability and good attendance.
- Supervise 24 hourly and temporary employees.
Disclaimer: The information on this description was prepared by Compensation and department management and is designed to indicate the general nature and level of the work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- May work in warehouse environments with extreme temperatures.
- Work near moving equipment and machinery.
- Must be flexible as work schedules may change due to business demands.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market: