Discover meaningful employment.
Enjoy excellent benefits & pay.
Create substantial impact.
Work with the Cargill team in Emporia! Cargill Animal Nutrition is a global business that serves large-scale feed mill operators and retailers, as well individual farmers. By leading, innovating, and transforming the animal nutrition & health industry, we ensure that the customers we serve, the animals we feed, and the consumers who rely on that protein, thrive. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive - a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe.
Benefits & Compensation
- Starting Pay Range: $21 and up, depending on experience
- Annual Performance-Based Bonus
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Uniform Allowance & Shift Differential
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development Opportunities
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Completing preventative, predictive, and reactive industrial maintenance throughout the facility
- Operating standard maintenance tools such as power tools, basic hand tools, electric tools, precision maintenance tools, preventative maintenance technology tools, etc.
- Utilize and work with maintenance trades and components such as electrical, welding, pipefitting, fabrication, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Modifying or building equipment by reading and comprehending electrical/mechanical schematics, blueprints, and/or operation manuals
- Documenting completed work and the conditions found, utilizing maintenance computer software as necessary
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Operating forklifts, loaders, scissor lifts, and aerial lifts
- Understanding and adhering to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Must be able to read/write English
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with programming technologies, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC) and variable frequency drives (VFD)
- Basic experience troubleshooting and maintaining various electrical components and systems including low voltage automation systems and/or motor control circuits
- Ability to work overtime including holidays, nights, weekends, or different shifts with advance notice
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States