Client Overview:Our client is a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharma, medical, home- and personal-care, and other products.TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.Position Summary:Oversees and coordinates engineering project work to include the repair, upkeep of production equipment, and new installations of capital equipment. In addition, supports day to day troubleshooting of unplanned breakdown items that includes working in a cross-functional environment with Operations, and Maintenance. This is a direct hire role.Responsibilities:
- Ensure manufacturing operations are conducted in a manner consistent with plant, corporate and regulatory Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental requirements with utmost regard for employee well-being and Food Safety, including, but not limited to, active involvement in plant EHS teams, machine assessments, employee job assessments, and thorough engineering project work.
- Actively supports the day-to-day operation to reduce unplanned downtime to drive OEE improvements. Maintains a supporting relationship with the Operation and Maintenance to improve uptime and eliminate equipment issues.
- Understand and operate within a multitude of drive and PLC platforms. Work directly with process control, automation, and facility systems. Create logic and programming to improve the performance of the Production equipment with the Safety of People and Equipment in mind.
- Develops, prepares and/or assembles the engineering package for each assigned project. This includes designs, calculations, layouts, schematics, manuals, etc.
- Determines the materials required for each project. This includes reviewing potential vendors, contacts with vendors, issuing purchase requisitions, and expediting delivery when needed.
- Manages project costs, project scheduling and supplying pertinent communication for multiple complex and wide-ranging engineering projects that may vary in terms of scope and responsibilities.
- Completes Project Closeout and Post Mortem Analysis for appropriate projects.
- Provides project management training and support to develop skills of less-experienced members of the Engineering department.
- Interfaces with people, departments, and/or companies to ensure that equipment is made on schedule and to specification.
- Provides oversight and assistance to the Maintenance Dept. (as assigned) to ensure equipment improvement programs and initiatives are standardized. Examples include: extrusion die inspections/die bluing/ upgrades and machine software/PLC upgrades.
Travel:• Occasional (up to 20%) travel may be required based on business need.All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.
- A BSEE degree
- Minimum of 3-years of experience in manufacturing or experience in an equivalent Project Engineering role.
Posting ID: 611521871Posted: 2021-05-03Job Title: Engineer