Top Reasons to Work With GHG
- We are one of the Nation's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for
- You’ll have the opportunity to work with a Banquet Team that is fun, creative, and enthusiastic
- You will have the opportunity to grow your skills and experience in an environment that fosters growth and development
What You’ll Be Doing
The Director of Banquets will focus on the department’s impact on guest service experience throughout the entire event cycle from sales to post event. Position is responsible for both long- and short-term planning as well as day-to-day operations with focus on continuous improvement, operational efficiencies and quality standards. Position will be accountable to maximize profit by effectively managing costs for the overall Banquet operation. This position will oversee the Banquet Managers, Supervisors, Servers, Set-Up Team, and Bartenders.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- GUEST SERVICE
- Evaluate and maintain the highest guest service standards ensuring satisfaction to create retention and growth of business through referrals and repeat events.
- Display leadership in guest hospitality, exemplify excellent guest service and create a positive atmosphere for team member/guest relations.
- Actively seek to create memorable service moments by observing team member/ guest interactions daily; visiting with each group to ensure guest satisfaction; conducting daily and weekly walk through audits to ensure standards are met; continuously pushing for improvement.
- Ensure the department is working within budget and adjust expenditures according to revenues.
- Develop and execute the annual business planand long term strategies for banquet operationsby identifying profitable opportunities; conducting SWOTs analysis; recommending competitive positioning; recommending annual/ quarterly goals and objectives with focus on service excellence and financial profitability.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, coaching, and counseling staff in a talent based organization.
- Review staffing levels and cross training program to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
- Communicate, model, and reinforce pride, values, strategies, and objectives by engaging individual accountabilities and sustaining a climate for achievement and information sharing.
- Establish and sustain community and industry relationships through networking and participating in community and industry organizations that promote the growth of the community and industry.
- Maintain current professional and technical industry knowledge and implement value added learnings in a timely manner.
- Lead Banquet Management/Operations meetings.
- Ensure disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Develop and maintain standards for procurement, inventory, service delivery, and operations policies and processes; coordinating actions with Unit Manager and other departments where possible.
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef and culinary team to ensure quality food service and compliance to food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensure that regular, effective and timely intra- and inter-departmental communication is happening in all areas of banquet operations.
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with other departments, guests/clients, vendors and competitors.
- Attend pre-event meetings to understand group needs, set appropriate expectations and gather critical information to communicate to Banquet Operations Team.
- Oversees the execution of event logistics for all events, both on property and off property.
- Works with direct reports to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
- Champions all standards, policies and procedures in the Banquet Operations departments and regularly reviews for efficiency.
- Establishes and monitors measurable goals for the department.
- Ensures function space and corresponding back of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
- Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
- Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and ensures staff are trained in safety procedures.
What You Need for this Position
- Minimum 3 years experience in the event industry as a Banquet Manager or Director of Banquets required
- Experience at a high volume event property and off premises catering preferred
- Experience and success in leading, supervising, team building, and motivating staff preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or other relevant field preferred but not required
- Ability to work irregular hours to meet client demand which may include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Driven by purpose, mission, values, and has sense of urgency
- Able to work closely with staff through strong communication and verbal skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours or more
- Able to stoop and bend
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds from time to time
- Able to safely work with potentially dangerous chemicals and equipment
- Able to comply with safety and health code standards
- Able to handle responsibilities that require repetitive motion tasks
What's in it for You
- 401k with contribution match
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- 10% Discount on GHG outlets
- Complimentary Meal Break
- Discounted Hotel Rates
- Cell phone reimbursement
Posting ID: 611593758Posted: 2021-03-10Job Title: Director Banquet