The Systems Engineer is responsible for delivering enterprise-level IT support to our client's customers. This includes supporting and maintaining our client's hosted customers' environments in our client's cloud and colocated data centers as well as remote management of IT environments for our client's Managed Services customers. The work schedule is overnights (3rd shift) from Sunday nights through Thursday nights with Friday nights and Saturday nights off. Core responsibilities for this role include installing system patches, performing system & application upgrades, troubleshooting and resolving critical system alerts, and working to resolve incidents reported via the ticketing system. The successful candidate will possess very strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to work independently to research and resolve issues with little to no assistance.
• Install, configure, maintain, and support applications and servers in Microsoft Azure and our client's data centers.
• Maintain and support our client and our client's customer networks including those within our client's data centers, connectivity to public cloud environments, internet or other upstream networks, and telecom circuits.
• Perform application installation, upgrades, and patches
• Perform operating system installation, upgrades, and patches
• Perform virtualization, storage, and backup system troubleshooting and support
• Script, automate and manage processes using DevOps tools and technologies.
• Work on and complete client requests for assistance with hosted or managed resources.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by our client's monitoring systems and submitted through the ticketing system. Fully document issues, actions taken, and steps for resolution.
• Initiate escalation process as appropriate while communicating progress and resolution to clients.
• Work with other teams to improve problem resolution rates and minimize escalations.
• Create and update knowledge documentation to assist in the training and development of employees.
• Focus on continued professional development to maintain knowledge and application of current industry best practices and security concepts.
• Suggest innovative and creative new ideas and ways of improving processes.
• Cooperate with other employees to create a trusting, honest, and productive work team.
• Perform other technical tasks as defined, planned, and approved by leadership.
• Demonstrated experience administering, monitoring, and maintaining Microsoft server-based and Linux operating systems.
• Demonstrated experience provisioning, configuring and maintaining cloud computing services such as Microsoft Azure or AWS.
• Experience supporting desktop-based operating systems, including Windows 7/10 and CE based and Windows embedded thin-client appliances.
• Experience with installation, support, and monitoring of Microsoft SQL server.
• Experience with Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tools such as Kaseya.
• Experience with virtualization technologies, including, but not limited to VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V
• Experience supporting Microsoft technology, including, but not limited to: Windows Server and client OS, Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, SQL, IIS, Exchange, DNS, and DHCP.
• Experience supporting network related technologies including enterprise LANs, WANs, routers, switches, VPN, VOIP, network load balancers, wireless access points, etc.
• Experience supporting server-based networking technologies, either physical or virtual (NIC, routing, RAS, VPN, DNS, AD, RADIUS, DHCP, etc.)
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP usage and troubleshooting.
• Functional understanding of SSL/TLS and IPSEC encryption.
• Experience with DevOps and “infrastructure as code” tools strongly preferred (ex. Chef, Terraform, PowerShell, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins.)
• Operational understanding of provisioning systems for managing system images and deploying from a golden image.
• Operational understanding of regulatory compliance, including, but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH, and PCI-DSS.
• Microsoft certifications or Azure/AWS cloud certifications a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in IT field or equivalent experience with 3+ year of experience in IT.
• Work nights are Sunday night through Thursday night (Friday and Saturday night off).
• The hours for this position are between 10:30pm and 7:00am CT.