United States of America - Colorado, DenverJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Construction Administration Specialist to be based in our Denver, Colorado office.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible – the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About Buildings + Places
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies – 2014-2021
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2020 "Top 500 Design Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.Job Summary/Responsibilities:
The Construction Administration Specialist brings expertise in field review and on-site representation for projects in active construction. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of building architecture and engineering, past successful construction administration experience on both public and private projects, and a strong technical background.Initial project assignment will be on-site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administer the design documents during construction activities focusing on architectural building elements
- Manage the contract administration process and control scope, schedule, budget, quality, and change management
- Coordinate and collaborate between design team and construction team
- Manage various facets of the construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects
- Review pre-construction documents to become familiar with the subsequent construction scope
- Plan, organize, and prepare reports to Design Team and Client with respect to the status and/or progress of the construction
- Participate in several weekly meeting including Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) meetings
- Observe daily activities of the contractor, review contractors' construction schedules and submittals, and coordinate responses to the contractors' inquiries thru the Requests for Information (RFI) process and other related documents
- Review substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or Owner's requirements are complied
- Receive and provide reviews, comments, and recommendations regarding Contractor Change Order Proposal(s)
- Review and address all schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner
- Review Certificates for Payment and advise Owner on completed work
- Administer provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the Owner as it relates to construction administration procedures
- Monitor and manage project close-out with respect to project substantial completion and subsequent development of the punch list and Contractor completion
- Render all decisions relative to administration of construction except those involving aesthetics and/or design, which will be coordinated with the Project Design Leader and Project Manager
- Problem solve, collect facts, understand outcomes, and deliver solutions
- Bachelor's degree plus six (6) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
- Due to the nature of the job, US Citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Five (5) years of experience in on-site construction administration oversight
- Familiarity with water infrastructure projects
- Intimate knowledge and thorough understanding of construction contracts, applicable building and life safety codes, scheduling, and familiarity with materials, methods and processes of construction
- Design Build Experience
- Experience utilizing Construction Administration Software, Bluebeam and BIM
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Knowledge of Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum)
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect or Professional Engineer and/or a valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification (CMCI)
- Proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a dynamic group environment
- Confident, positive and have an ability to manage people, maintain great communication skills, and make decisions promptly to maintain tight and sometimes aggressive construction schedules and deadlines
What We Offer
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - ConstructionBusiness Line
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.