United States of America - California, Los AngelesJob SummaryAECOM
is seeking a Senior Architectural Manager to act as an Owner Authorized Representative in support of a new professional sports facility in Los Angeles, California. Early pre-construction activities are scheduled to begin in late Summer/early Fall 2021 with full construction activities in late 2021. Construction is expected to run for three years.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible – the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingand disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
About Buildings + Places
- Fortune 's World's Most Admired Companies – 2014-2020
- #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record 's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
- VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly Gold Employer
- Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019
AECOM's Buildings + Places practice includes architecture, interiors, building engineering, workplace strategy, business transformation, asset advisory, economics and development planning, master planning, urban planning, and landscape architecture.
With a range of expertise from strategy and design through project realization, we create better outcomes to grow economies, protect natural systems, conserve natural resources, make societies more equitable and connect and engage people through innovative, sustainable design solutions.
Our teams have worked on signature projects such as the London 2012 Olympic Park and Legacy Framework, to the new plan for the LA2028 Olympics, to industrial facilities for GE and Rolls-Royce, to headquarters and workplaces for NASA, Unilever, Sony Music, DirecTV, Box, Inc. and many Fortune 500 companies.Job Summary/Responsibilities
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of architectural design and past successful construction administration experience on both public and private large-scale sports projects. A strong technical background for complex building geometries is welcome.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for supervision of construction activities as they relate to contract administration and management of scope, schedule, budget, quality, and change management
- Coordinate between design team and construction manager various facets of the construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects
- Manage other onsite representatives for AECOM and coordinate work of other onsite design disciplines that are under contract as subconsultants to AECOM
- Review pre-construction documents to become familiar with the subsequent construction scope
- Plan, organize, and prepare reports to Design Team and Client with respect to the status and/or progress of construction
- Participate in weekly Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) meetings
- Coordinate construction administration work effort with AECOM employees that will engage in Construction Administration support out of the respective AECOM offices
- Convey information to AECOM offices either through photographic, narrative or sketches or other means where urgent interpretation of proposed revisions to documents are required to maintain construction schedule
- Observe daily activities of the contractor, review contractors' construction schedules and submittals, and coordinate responses to the contractors' inquiries thru the Requests for Information (RFI) process and other related documents
- Review substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or Owner's requirements are complied
- Receive, and provide reviews, comments, and recommendations regarding Contractor Change Order Proposal(s)
- Review and address all schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner
- Review Certificates for Payment and advise Owner on completed work
- Administer provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the Owner as relates to construction administration procedures
- Monitor and manage project close-out with respect to project substantial completion and subsequent development of the punch list and Contractor completion
- Render all decisions relative to administration of construction except those involving aesthetics and/or design, which will be coordinated with the Project Manager
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree plus ten (10) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 2 years of leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Intimate knowledge and thorough understanding of construction contracts, applicable building and life safety codes, scheduling, and familiarity with materials, methods, and processes of construction
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in construction administration oversight of professional sports facility/ public assembly projects
- Design Build experience
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Knowledge of Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum)
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors, or similar registration in another State
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification (CMCI)
- Proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Newforma Info Exchange is preferred but not necessary
- Confident, positive and have ability to manage people, maintain great communication skills, and make decisions promptly to maintain tight and sometimes aggressive construction schedules and deadlines
What We Offer
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Architecture and DesignBusiness Line
B&P - Buildings & PlacesBusiness Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.