The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs, hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving these customers as a result of our extensive selection of distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around the country.
This position falls under the general direction of the Transportation Manager at our Bronx, NY location and will support the Routing activities nationally and for the Northeast customer base. Responsible for execution and evaluation of routes generated by Omnitracs/ Roadnet Transportation Suite software. To include but not limited too nightly routing review, delivery window efficiency, assignment of drivers and vehicles, equipment utilization and customer service.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Routing Supervisor is primarily responsible for implementing cost effective and on-time delivery routing strategies for The Chefs Warehouse National and Northeast delivery network.
- Assists with the planning and implementing of vehicle scheduling, resource allocation, routing strategies, and communication across functions in accordance with established policies and objectives to optimize the utilization of company assets.
- Assess current router training needs and executes Department Cross-Training program. Development andand utilization of Territory Planner for proactive analysis
- Supports regional Sales and Operations teams with route review and management. Example: Provides action plans to Improve On-time delivery.
- Conducts continuous analysis of route, vehicle and driver assignments and reviews scheduling for possible consolidation or improvements.
- Reviews and updates current routing procedures and provides guidance to resolve technical problems, analyzes costs, recommends and executes cost control measures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local DOT guidelines regarding routing time and drivers' hours of service.
- Supports KPI review/analysis by Region. KPIs include but are not limited too – Route profitability, Cost per Unit, Average Weight, Cases, Miles, and Service time per route by Region.
- Escalation point for all routing related activities.
Minimum Job Requirements:
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
- College degree – preferred
- Proven leadership and teambuilding experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Expert understanding of Roadnet/ Omnitracs Transportation Suite - preferred.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project, and MS Access.
- 240 Food Center Dr, Bronx, NY 10474, USA