CMTS LLC., is currently seeking a Project Development Manager to join our team!!!
· Plans and coordinates the execution of pre-construction activities associated with the preparation for the building of new schools and modernization projects
· Responsible for the scope, schedule and budget, and overall success of multiple, new and modernization, school projects
· Resolves complex planning, design and construction project-related issues, disputes and disagreements
· Develops, assigns and monitors performance of Assistant Facility Development Managers (AFDM), Design Managers (DM) and Design professionals relative to assigned projects
· Reports on project budget, schedule and issues. Provides information and analysis of project issues to Departmental, Branch and Board representatives
· Reviews status and overall planning, design and construction project progress relative to submittal schedules. Reviews project through all development phases, and assesses status, progress and potential
· Coordinates with representatives from various utility and government agencies to obtain timely action on successive phases of project completion
· Assists project team staff with A/E contracts, bid and contract planning
· Reviews and verifies Design Professional contract scope, fees and applications for payment, and performs overall fiscal management of multiple projects
· Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration and quality control
· Coordinates project activities, requirements, and schedules with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Design and A/E Technical Support, Project Execution, Facilities Contract Administration, Inspection Unit, Maintenance and Operations, local Educational Service Centers and site personnel
· Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Ten (10) years of experience managing the planning, design, construction and coordination of capital projects
· Five (5) years of the above experience in educational facility construction or public works projects
· Experience with scoping and planning of new construction and/or modernization projects
· Experience with the Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes.
· Experience with LEED and/or Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS) projects.
· Experience with the development of major facilities (CEQA, agency approvals, coordination with City and County agencies).
· Experience with both project delivery and procurement methods for public projects
· Experience with community engagement processes and strong communication skills, both oral and written
· Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
· Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
· A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California State Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
· A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
· LEED Professional Accreditation
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.