Lifescan Labs of Illinois -
LifeScan Labs of Illinois is located in Skokie, IL has been a leader in providing reliable laboratory services for Northern Illinois for over 20 years. We are a laboratory specializing in medical diagnostic testing for physicians and long-term care facilities. We offer paid time off and paid holidays, along with medical benefits including health, vision, and dental. We have openings for full-time positions with flexible hours and overtime as needed. LifeScan labs of Illinois is looking to hire a STAT Mobile Phlebotomist to help with our increasing workload.
Do you love being a phlebotomist? Do you love what you do and want to love where you work?
Then LifeScan Lab of IL is also for YOU!
We are seeking fun, motivated, passionate, and reliable Phlebotomists to join our team! You will draw blood for tests, transfusions, donations, or research.
Areas covered: Chicago and the N, NW, S, SW, and W suburbs.
- 2PM-10PM and rotating weekends
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess geriatric patients. Performs venipunctures and other specimen collection according to policy and procedures.
- Complete required paperwork including requisitions and collection lists.
- Ensure that specimens obtained by clients are collected in proper containers and labeled with appropriate patient identifiers.
- Process and prepare specimens according to testing guidelines, including centrifuging, light protecting, freezing, etc.
- Adhere to facility policies: timeliness, appropriate attire, etc.
- Pick-up specimens collected by the client, from the facilities in assigned route.
- Transport specimens to a designated drop location within the coverage area.
- Document and communicate phlebotomy staff errors.
- Establish standards and tracking service to ensure that clients are satisfied.
- Complete client services, or lab tasks during down-time.
- Work with operations, customer service, processing, main lab, microbiology, and other departments for coordination purposes.
- Notify supervisor of supply needs for each facility.
- Utilizes required proper protective equipment (PPE)
- Maintain a clean and healthy work environment.
- Consistent communication with dispatch operators (20 minute limit for responding to messages)
- Communicate delays, exceptions, and hard sticks to dispatch in a timely manner
- Forward rescheduling of draws to dispatch.
Successful candidates will have:
- Completion of phlebotomy training program
- At least 2 years work experience as a phlebotomist required
- Geriatric phlebotomy experience preferred
- Valid Driver License
- Clean driving record for last 5-years
- Proof of current liability insurance
- Reliable transportation
- Smart Phone
- Must possess a passion towards SAFETY and CUSTOMER SERVICE
Posting ID: 611891549Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Stat Mobile