BRIA of Trinity Village -
The Concierge is a flexible, resident-focused position on the nursing floor to provide excellent customer service and ensure the needs of residents are met or exceeded. This position works closely with the nursing staff on the unit, admissions, dietary, activities, and social services to ensure that the needs of the residents are met by performing a wide variety of customer-focused tasks that vary with facility needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality customer service at all times.
- Assist in the transition of new resident and their family to the facility upon admission:
- Ensure the room is ready ahead of scheduled arrival, including inspecting for cleanliness, adequate supplies, and/or any special needs. Notify maintenance or housekeeping of any items that need attention.
- Liaison between dietary department personnel and the resident communicating the needs of residents.
- Charts on any applicable required cares and/or socialization that occur with any of the residents during the shift.
- Assist with administrative tasks as directed by the Nursing Manager or designee.
- Answers call lights and handle resident needs as appropriate within the scope of abilities.
- Do routine rounds of all resident rooms checking with residents/family to ensure any needs are met.
- Participates with residents and conducts individual or small group activities working with the Life Enrichment department to ensure the appropriateness of an activity.
- Works closely with Admission staff to coordinate new admissions to the unit.
- Communicates appropriately with Nurses and Aides on the unit regarding resident needs, i.e. medication requests, toileting, and any other requests that require special licensing/certifications to perform.
- Carries out all duties in accord with the facility's mission and philosophy.
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of resident and facility information.
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of resident and facility property.
- Is able to respond to residents/guests/families with a resident-centered care approach.
- Able to carry out the essential functions of the job (with or without reasonable accommodation) without posing specific, the current risk of substantial harm and health and safety of self and others.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers and responds to the needs of residents by complying with facility policies on attendance and punctuality and dress code. Able to arrive and to begin work on time and to report for duty as scheduled including, weekends and holidays.
- Able to respond to change productively and to handle additional tasks as assigned.
- Working knowledge and ability to comply with facility policies and procedures for workplace safety including infection prevention and control procedure(s), application of standard precautions for blood-borne pathogens, use of personal protective equipment, and handling of hazardous materials.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to attend all staff meetings.
- Participates in Activity functions as needed for assigned unit.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience in a customer service position, preferably in hotel, skilled nursing, activities focus.
- Experience in working with vulnerable adult populations or equivalent.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Specialized training or experience in geriatric care or gerontology is desirable.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Able to understand and follow written and verbal directions.
- Demonstrates strong communication and relationship-building skills with residents, and is able to explain residents' needs to others as needed for resident advocacy.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Ability to work as part of a team and function independently.
- Ability to prioritize.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Occasionally must be able to lift/carry/push or pull 25 pounds or more.
- Occasionally must be able to reach overhead.
- Occasionally must be able to perform tasks that require steadiness/fluidity of motion.
- Occasionally must be able to walk, stand, squat, stand for prolonged periods, remain in potentially uncomfortable positions for long periods, climb stairs, bend to the floor, kneel and twist
- Constantly must be able to speak clearly and articulate with extreme accuracy in proper English to effectively communicate ideas, concepts, face-to-face or via telephone.
- *Occasionally may be exposed to chemical irritants, loud noises, and blood splatters.
- Occasionally must be able to see distant objects and objects within 35 feet (11.6 meters).
- Constantly must be able to discriminate colors.
- Frequently must be able to hear and distinguish normal sounds from background noise.
- Constantly must be able to effectively read information from paper, printouts, or computer screens.
- Constantly must be able to concentrate on several minimal, moderate, and fine details with little, some, or constant interruption.
- Constantly must be able to attend to task periods of less than 10 minutes to more than 30 minutes.
- Constantly must be able to remember multiple tasks for a few hours, full shift, or periods extending over several days.
- Frequently must perform under the stress created by normal office practices (such as deadlines and standards) and other environmental stressors evident in health care settings (such as shift rotation, weekend and holiday duty, unusual or impaired behavior by residents, family reactions to having a loved one in the nursing home, death and dying, oversight of state surveyors, ombudsmen, and federal officials, presence of consultants and attorneys, and variable involvement with medical staff).
Personal Protection Requirements:
- Gloves, masks, and an apron are required when working with chemical irritants, sharp objects, and hot dishes.
- Gloves are needed when working with chemicals
- PPE as needed
- Appropriate use of stove, oven, cooking utensils, and equipment.
Posting ID: 611891810Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Concierge