The Shire Senior Living -
Shire Senior Living is looking for a highly motivated, flexible, professional and high quality care LPN to fill our Supervisor Role.
Areas of responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff and guests.
- Test blood sugars and inject insulin’s as per doctors’ orders.
- Set up supplies, i.e. insulin, syringes, lancets, prep pads and other supplies as needed.
- Use each resident’s own supplies and equipment for that specific resident only.
- Order supplies or notify supervisor of supplies needed.
- Report hypo/ hyperglycemic episodes to MD and follow all orders given.
- Keep insulin cart clean at all times.
- Use of Universal Precautions and Infection Control at all times.
- Use of proper sharps containers to dispose of supplies as required.
- Trains new Medication Aides on the Shire guidelines and procedures for assisting residents with their medications. Recieves 'Train the Trainer' education for medication administration oversight;
- Conducts regular Quality Assurance audits, as directed by the Director of Patient Services, to assure proper medication administration procedures are being followed;
- Oversee maintaining the medication room in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Oversee/assure that new orders for medications after Dr. Visits, hospitalizations, etc. are adjusted on medications sheets and ordered through the pharmacy in a timely manner;
- Initiate proper disposal of filled sharps containers and putting new sharps containers into use;
- Oversee proper documentation of Temperature, O2 saturation, and COVID screening questions done by staff on a regular basis
Monthly MAR check;
- Assists with medication passes
- Oversee monthly weight checks done by staff. Notify attending when significant weight changes occur per policy;
- Provide Medication Technician training and document competency;
- Works collaboratively with Pharmacy on trainings and audits;
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned;
If you believe that you are qualified for this job click the link below and APPLY TODAY!
Posting ID: 611891836Posted: 2021-04-14Job Title: Lpn Clinical Supervisor