Lifescan Labs of Illinois -
Lifescan Labs of Illinois, LLC is looking for a Molecular Technologist to perform high complexity molecular techniques such as DNA/RNA extraction, PCR, and data analysis and interpretation. Assists with the validation of new applications in the clinical laboratory. Recognizes the clinical significance of each test performed, maintains the confidential and sensitive nature of patient information and results, and reports results within established time frames.
- Independently and accurately performs routine and complex molecular genetic tests, including DNA/RNA extraction and PCR.
- Maintains a professional level knowledge of molecular biology and diagnostics to properly analyze molecular test results; in the context of abnormal or atypical findings.
- Performs initial review/analysis of test results and assists in drafting preliminary patient reports for review by the Supervisor.
- Assist in resolution of technical problems in accordance with laboratory policies and procedures Records, compiles, and maintains records according to laboratory policies to ensure state and federal regulations are upheld for all reagents, procedures, and equipment used in the testing process.
- Assist in the development, evaluation, and implementation of new procedures and protocols.
- Performs general duties such as ordering supplies, general lab housekeeping, and maintaining safety records.
- Operates, calibrates, maintains and troubleshoots equipment notifies senior technologist(s), or Supervisor when complex problems occur.
- Maintains effective communication within the department and with other internal and external clinical and development professionals.
- May include the answering of telephone calls from client offices, the receipt and accessioning of specimens to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Participates in the training of new and current employees in laboratory methodology as instructed by the laboratory leadership/senior technologists.
Successful candidates will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in a Life Science (Chemistry, Biology, Biological Science, Microbiology)
- 1-2 years of experience preferred ASCP Certified Technologist in Molecular Biology (MB) preferred
- 2+ years of real time PCR and molecular experience in a diagnostic or reference lab highly preferred
- Experience with running daily testing using QuantStudio and Tecan
1st Shift: Monday - Friday and rotating weekends 6:00 am - 2:30pm
2nd Shift: Monday - Friday and rotating weekend 2:00pm - 10:30 pm
3rd Shift: Monday - Friday and rotating weekend 10:00pm - 6:30 am
Posting ID: 611892675Posted: 2021-03-11