R.E. Mgmt. Co based in Brooklyn NY is seeking a Controller. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Specific duties will include (but not limited to):
· Supervise accounting team, inclusive of AR, AP, Bookkeeper, Accountants
· Prepare financial reports for selected projects in the portfolio
· Review financial reports prepared by accountants including, but not limited to: Annual budgets, annual, quarterly and monthly variance reports, surplus cash computations, monthly management reports and quarterly replacement reserve balances
· Lead the budgeting process and track deliverables for each property.
· Maintain and/or update standard operating procedures and internal controls within the accounting department.
· Review monthly closing procedure and track all applicable deliverables
· Establish tracking system for recurring payables and subsidy payments
· Prepare and maintain a portfolio mortgage schedule abstract with salient terms
· Prepare a daily cash flow analysis
· Year end audit: Review draft audited financial statements prepared by auditors, Review entries proposed by auditors, discuss and compose management letters with auditors and owners, coordinate and monitor audits/work of outside CPA, develop audit schedules with auditors, site and central office staff, and owners.
· Treasurer: Liaison with banks and manage bank accounts, monitor cash flow of all managed properties, approve wire transfers, review and approve expenditures of more than $3,000.
· Monitor filing status of IT-201LL, RPIE, Year end audits and other governmental mandates and reports
· Process Sales Tax Returns
· Manage 1099 process
· Maintain chart of accounts and financial groupings.
· Perform other administrative and accounting functions, in support of the CFO, as requested.
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required; Certification in Public Accounting required
· 10+ years as a Controller with progressive affordable housing knowledge
· Proficient Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, Outlook, Yardi required
· Demonstrated analytical and financial modeling skills
· Proven Customer Service Skills
· Extensive knowledge of Low-Income Housing Tax Credit and HUD is required
· Effectively research, accumulate and present data verbally and in written form
· Strong communication and organizational skills (Written and Verbal)
The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, health benefits, 401(k) retirement plan, etc. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.