Functions under the supervision of the Housekeeping Supervisor to maintain an environment that is safe, pleasant and functional for residents and employees and complete all housekeeping tasks as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Dust furniture, light fixtures, lamps, window ledges, air exchange units, etc
- Polish furniture once per week using furniture polish
- Empty and change liners in all waste cans daily or when needed
- Clean lavatories and fixtures
- Spot clean all walls
- Check vacant rooms dailty to keep fresh and neat
- Pick up bottles, papers, etc, from floor and rooms and put in proper place
- Report any needed repairs via maintenance work order to the environmental service department (ie, light bulbls, broken windows, or furniture, unsafe areas or broken equipment).
- Complete housekeeping orientation and general checklist
- Clean refrigerator as scheduled
- Clean residents’ room weekly
- Clean equipment and work areas daily
- Pick up cleaning supplies for next days’ work at end of the shift
- Attend staff development classes
- Observe policies of other departments regarding infection control and fire.
- Water Plants
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Completes annual education requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains resident confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
- Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
- Attends all mandatory annual inservices and other trainings as assigned
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Promotes a positive work environment and supportive of co-workers
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Ability to work with residents/family and physicians in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising resident care.
Posting ID: 611893918Posted: 2021-03-11Job Title: Housekeeper