Process Operator Co-op
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP (in partnership with Anotech Energy) will be having an Operator Co-op Program and is looking for co-ops for 3 different Polyethylene plants. The length of the internship is to last no more than 120 days and will have flexible scheduling to accommodate class schedules for students. Co-ops may work up to 40 hours in any given week.
This facility is an employee-oriented, safety conscious environment where respect and recognition are a part of everyone’s responsibility. If you are a dependable, motivated individual and meet the requirements below, you may qualify.
Process Operator Co-Ops in this position will work with Operations personnel to observe and learn how to perform routine plant operating duties, including, but not limited to the following:
• Safely operating pumps, compressors, fired heaters, reactors, distillation columns and other plant equipment within operating ranges
• Make changes to the operating process to maintain product quality
• Adjust control instruments, valves or switches to regulate pressure, temperature or flow rate of product.
• Take routine readings on process variables.
• Operate control room instrumentation systems
• Draw samples of products from the process for laboratory testing
• Perform lab testing on some process streams
• Promptly respond to process alarms / constraints
• Mix and add chemicals to process as needed
• Start-up / shut-down process equipment
• Prepare equipment for maintenance
The following are the qualifications for the Co-op Program:
• Must be an actively registered student at an education institution and be graduating with a Process Technology Associates Degree at the end of the Spring or Summer 2021 semester or recently graduated with a PTEC degree.
• Must have already completed the following courses:
- Introduction to Process Technology
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Process Technology I – Equipment
• Must have an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
• Must have good class standing – No academic probation accepted.
• Will be required to submit college transcripts.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment tests.
Please read: Accepting applicants up to March 24th. If you meet the qualifications for this Co-op Program, you will recieve an online skills validation via email that needs to be completed. Selection process for online skills validation will take place from March 12 to March 25.