Join Our Team: Join our strong and growing company today! Overview:
We are currently seeking a per diem, Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to manage the daily clinical regimen of each resident and subacute patient.
Day-to-Day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Administer medications and skilled treatments to assigned residents
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties and nursing care procedures carried out by Nursing Technicians of the assigned team
- Assist Nursing Technicians with direct care of residents, as necessary
- Report to Nursing Supervisor, DON/ADON Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager, and/or Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs, and progress of residents
- Follow the Plan of Care for each resident, and monitor the performance of Nursing Technicians in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan
- Receive controlled substances from the shift Supervisory Nurse and is responsible for all aspects of the storage and distribution of these medications; ensure proper and safe placement and use of medications stored in medication cart, stock medication cupboards, medication room refrigerator and narcotic cabinets
- Maintain documentation regarding the care plans of residents in the Focused Assessments, Nursing Notes, Medical Administration Records, Treatment Records and other required records
- Ensure that resident care standards are maintained in performance of duties, and that the rights of residents and preferences in care and treatment are respected
- Participate in Change-of-Shift Report and is responsible for bringing nursing personnel of next shift up-to-date about the care and needs of residents
- Provide observation of needs and resident care planning information as necessary and requested by nurses and other health care disciplines
- Participate in quality assurance programs upon request
- Telephone physicians for orders or updates
- Attend staff meetings and required or preferred in-service training
- Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
- Perform all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
- Perform assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
- Exhibit the highest level of customer service towards residents, staff and visitors.
- Perform other work tasks as assigned by the Nursing Supervisor, DON/ADON, Unit Manager/Assistant Unit Manager or Charge Nurse.
Credentials as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with a current state license required
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience required
- Must be 21 years or older
Training and work experience in a pediatric setting preferred
- Long term care or hospital experience preferred
Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel required
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, and ability to work well with others required
- Caring, respectful attitude towards residents required
EOE Statement: WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Posting ID: 611915996Posted: 2021-03-12