The Anesthesia Technician will report to the Director of Perioperative Services and work under the supervision of the Surgery Charge Nurse and the Anesthesiologist/CRNA. He/she will be responsible for preparing equipment and supplies needed for the provision of anesthesia care service as required by all patients undergoing surgery and/ or other procedure. The Anesthesia technician will order and maintain supplies, clean/sterilize equipment to make sure it is functioning properly. He/she will assist the Anesthesiologist/CRNA to insure optimum safety and quality patient care. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Hospital's strategic plan and the goals and direction of the quality and performance improvement process activities. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
POSITION REQUIREMENTS A. Education
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in all communications.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with physicians, peers, and management.
- Communicates all necessary information to the Charge Nurse in a timely manner.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent / emergent situations per protocols.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Follows all written policies and procedures of the hospital.
- Demonstrates knowledge and participates in providing high quality, individualized patient/family centered care within the Watson Model of Care including key elements of Caring, Competence, Communication and Commitment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Associate's degree in anesthesia technology strongly preferred
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum one year experience as Anesthesia Technician in an acute care hospital or a graduate of an accredited ASATT program.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- ASATT certification required
Equal Rights Employer
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Basic computer skills
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your application for employment. Please click the link below to view the E-verify or Right to Work information.
Posting ID: 611917196Posted: 2021-04-02Job Title: Anesthesia Technician - Hiring Immediately