KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to CEO and Executive Management for improvement of Agency’s policies, procedures, and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures Agency’s compliance.
- Responsible for Agency compliance with Federal and State legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Communicates changes in Agency personnel policies and procedures and ensure proper compliance is followed.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program, rewriters job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Set up and maintain all personnel files for the agency. Keep confidential personnel records.
- Places recruiting advertisements; assists Directors with recruitment efforts and interviewing.
- Conducts New Hire Orientations; employee relations counseling and exit interviews.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, such as seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
- Conducts investigations as needed.
- Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and/or as directed by the CEO on personnel matters.
- Works directly with departmental Directors and Supervisors to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on personnel matters.
- Assist staff in dealing with personnel issues, benefit issues including but not limited to Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, FMLA, Annual Leave, Sick Leave and other leave.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting; approving invoices for payment; annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness.
- Manages health and benefit plans, including enrollments and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions. Works with Cobra Administrator to assure eligible employees receive Cobra information.
- Manage annual open enrollment period during 4th quarter of each year. Arranges for distribution of materials from carriers, assists with communicating changes to employees and arranges on-site representation by providers. Process changes within deadlines. during with benefit broker.
- Maintain employee benefit information and files.
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of the agency’s 401k plan including Annual Reporting, Non-Discrimination Testing and Form 5500 filing.
- Enter new hire employee data into payroll if needed.
- Reviews all employee timesheets and corrects as needed.
- Reviews payroll prior to processing.
- Safety Committee Chair responsible for the safety of the agency’s personnel including chairing the Safety Committee and holding monthly meetings, compliance with governmental safety rules and regulations and maintaining/updating the agency’s Safety Manual.
- Agency first respondent to the CEO in event of a natural disaster/pandemic. Responsible for keeping CEO informed of all emergency events/preparedness.
- Responsible for keeping the agency first aid supplies emergency supplies and any other agency safety inventory.
- Coordinate CRP/First Aid/AED training and certification and any other safety trainings including but not limited to annual fire drill.
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION:
- Supervision of Receptionists, HR Administrator
- A bachelor’s degree and five (5) years’ Human Resources experience, OR.
- Minimum of 7 years related HR Managerial experience required. May be able to substitute experience for degree.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
Read, write and understand the English language.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Assures that all communications with employees and personnel files is kept confidential and only released to appropriate supervisory staff.
- Adheres to Agency Policy and Procedures.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with CEO about department issues.
- Maintains company HIPPAA privacy and compliance in transferring data.
- Proficient in computer applications, including spreadsheets, word progressing and payroll software.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent phone manners and customer service skills
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver License and auto insurance.
These physical requirements are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to ensure people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs. without assistance.
- Highly mobile position involving frequent driving, regular walking and standing.
- Walking, standing, and sitting frequently.
- Stretching/Reaching, Hand/Finger dexterity, Stooping (bend at waist) frequently
- Mobility and ability to sit in front of a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Work performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
- Travel to offices and program meetings throughout south King County, the city of Seattle, and the State or Nationally as appropriate.
Posting ID: 611924386Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Human Resource Generalist