Shop Foreman for Sheet Metal Division | HVAC Construction Firm – Staten Island
Our client is a Full-Service HVAC Maintenance Provider that has been family-owned business since they were established in 1985. Throughout the years they have cultivated an outstanding relationship with a vast clientele whose needs are the top priority. They offer a full line of services including repairs, refurbishing, service contract, maintenance for commercial and residential properties.
Due to continued growth, they seek a well-qualified Shop Foreman for their Sheet Metal Division.
- Coordination of warehouse manpower and project delivery schedules
- Ability to implement working shifts within the warehouse to minimize overtime and optimize production
- Ability to perform field activities including working with tools if necessary
- Use experience and technical skills to determine and increase project profitability
- Day to day operational responsibilities
- Contact and work closely with subcontractors, construction managers and owners
Required Credentials and Experience
- Must possess skills with Vicon machinery (coil line, plasma cutter, waterjet liner cutter, rollformer etc.) and spiral-helix (gorelocker and tubeformer)
- Experience using practicam/practicad (for ductwork fabrication)
- Ability to organize and delegate tasks to sheet metal crew
- Ability to read mechanical drawings
- Ability to multitask coordinating with jobsite Foremen and PMs
- Monitor and maintain inventory for metal shop
- Experience with operating forklifts, scissor lifts and standard shop devices.
Competitive pay scale with an attractive benefits plan including major medical, profit sharing, smartphone
HVACEXEC.com is a staffing firm specializing in HVAC, Facilities Management, Mechanical Engineering, Building Automation and Energy Conservation Professionals. We strive to offer the highest quality of service and advice to our clients and candidates with dignity and integrity. We look forward to being of assistance and advice to you in your career aspirations. http://www.linkedin.com/in/robcohlan
Posting ID: 611927320Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Sheetmetal