You may know us for our delicious cheesecakes…and for being recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” 8 years in a row! What you may not know is at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery, our staff members are our highest quality ingredient.
Reporting to the Food Safety and QA Manager, you will work with a team of approximately 10 staff members at The Cheesecake Factory Bakery in Rocky Mount, NC. This position is a floating shift position and the hours can vary some weeks from 6 am to 2:30 pm and other weeks from 2 pm – 10:30pm. As a QA Floor Technician, you are responsible for ensuring that every product produced on the line meets product specification the first time it is produced by enforcing policies and procedures to support compliance with Food Safety, Good Management Practices (GMP’s) and premium quality expectations.
tHIS position is also responsible for assuring the food safety and quality of all products deposited, topped, set-up, finished, and packaged during various shifts meet company demands for a bakery with more than 450 staff members that create delicious cheesecakes and memorable experiences.
You’ll thrive in this position if you are:
- Improvement focused:you never turn off the thought “how can I do this better”.
- Exhaustively meticulous: you have an unrelenting attention to detail, leaving nothing to chance while understanding what deserves your immediate attention and what can wait.
- Adaptable: you’re at ease in a fast-paced environment and able to effortlessly change direction when priorities shift, learning to perform new tasks as required for business needs and work extended hours if necessary.
- A team player: While you’re a capable self-manager, you thrive when your part of a team and don’t mind getting your hands dirty on your own if needed.
Here’s what you’ll get to do:
- Assure Good Management Practice (GMP) Compliance and Food Safety on the production floor.
- Monitor set up of production lines, offering quality assurance support including, but not limited to inspection, swabbing, tagging, and equipment set-up.
- Inspect products being produced on the line to assure they meet our premium quality standards including the appearance of cakes to the gold standard.
- Supervise line clearance, ensuring the line clearance has been correctly executed.
- Verify cleanliness of equipment using established inspection procedures and ATP and allergen swabbing and calibration of scales, checkweighers, metal detectors, and thermometers being used in production areas.
- Issue and/or monitor all documents and records used in production areas and completes all required documents with accuracy.
- Verify accuracy of labels and product information printed on packaging material.
- Take records, and or verify weights, temperatures, appearances, and other quality attributes and log all data on required forms at required frequencies.
- Assist production in troubleshooting food safety or quality problems on the line and stop production lines whenever quality/food safety issues arise.
- Initiate HOLD of products and ingredients that do not meet quality standards and equipment whenever necessary, ensuring completion of necessary paperwork
- Enter data accurately and manages quality databases associated with HOLDS, foreign material, and equipment damage.
- Obtain product samples for microbiological testing and product review, ensuring that products are placed in designated areas for laboratory.
What we require:
- Ability to make basic math calculations (i.e. percentages, measurements, etc.)
- Knowledge of Product, Quality and Guarantee (PQG) systems.
- Willing to work 2nd shift and be flexible with shift changes and possible overtime.
- Good communication Skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
What we prefer:
About the Company
- Experience in Quality Assurance in a food manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ROSS System and ACCESS for reporting Salvage products.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
Recognized as one of the FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®”, The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated currently owns and operates 295 full-service, casual dining restaurants throughout the U.S. and Canada. The Cheesecake Factory Bakery is headquartered in beautiful Calabasas Hills, California with more than 600 staff members working in our manufacturing facilities in Calabasas Hills, CA and Rocky Mount, NC. We create the delicious desserts on the menu at The Cheesecake Factory restaurants and offer The Cheesecake Factory Bakery and The Cheesecake Factory Bakery at Home branded cheesecakes and desserts in retail and food service outlets nationwide. #SoCheesecake #LifeAtCheesecake
The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer and provides reasonable accommodations consistent with its legal obligations.
Posting ID: 611934683Posted: 2021-04-16Job Title: Qa Floor Technician