Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger... At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!GENERAL PURPOSE:
The Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") Analyst will provide budgeting, forecasting, reporting, and ad-hoc analysis to the Finance department of Ross Stores. This includes consolidation, reporting and analysis along with research and communication of variances and key drivers. On a quarterly basis, the FP&A Analyst will complete a wide range of analyses for the Executive team and for the Quarterly Board Meeting.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for managing the forecasting, budgeting and long-term planning processes including creating budget store set, sending out communications to business partners regarding major updates, generating high level summaries and explaining key variances.
- Understand the details/drivers behind key P&L lines (sales, gross margin, inventory, etc.) and make adjustments to reflect updated information.
- Provide financial support and facilitate the weekly forecasting process and prepare P&Ls for executive review. Work closely with business partners to solicit inputs and analyze results. Identify and explain substantial forecast changes to senior management.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports including analysis of business performance, inventory trends, and balance sheet data. Provide ongoing analytical support to influence strategic direction, guide investor relations activities, and inform senior management and Board level discussion.
- Lead monthly analysis on store contribution that provides insight on performance and identifies root causes of drivers of profitability.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Analysis and judgment
- Planning and Organization
- Results Driven
- Business Acumen
- Technical Skill
- Problem Solving
- Bachelor's degree required with demonstrated superior college performance (preferably in an analytical field)
- Minimum 3+ years post college experience (within a retail company or within a financial analysis and planning group)
- Strong analytical ability - must be able to synthesize data, be able to error check and reconcile own work, and be able to design analysis to answer specific questions
- A detail oriented approach - must pay close attention to the details and have the drive to get things right
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills, as well as ability to learn multiple new back end software applications (i.e. Hyperion, Peoplesoft, Flash Sales)
- Ability to cope with pressure and changing priorities
- Trustworthy with confidential financial information
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.