Clinical Research Operations Manager
Operations Manager/Office Manager/Administrator/Research Admin (MUST have previous Clinical Research SITE level experience)
We are looking for an experienced operations and business savvy leader to join our organization to oversee Pharma and Non-Pharma Research Operations and provide guidance and encouragement to staff, collaborate with internal departments to operations run smoothly, and focus on continuous improvement. We are seeking someone who can take control and manage of the company, operations, finance, books and admin. Just someone who has 360 degree views of everything: the research projects, budgets, operations, finances, account payable, account receivables (collect timely from sponsors), and staff coordination. Our number one priority is project management and satisfaction of our customers and industry sponsors. We offer a team based culture where we appreciate, recognize, and support each other’s successes.
You should have strong business mind, interpersonal skills, enjoy relationship building, feel comfortable managing change, and have a desire to help others be successful. Be technically savvy and know OneDrive and SalesForce platforms. Knowledge of CTMS (preferably Clinical Conductor). Be well versed to maintain social media, digital marketing and websites.
- Aligns people and projects to achieve initiatives.
- Creates incentives to increase sales
- Values cultural diversity and other individual differences in the workforce and creates a positive team atmosphere
- Develops staff through coaching, mentoring, rewarding, training, and guiding.
- Empowers employees and recognizes and rewards their contributions.
- Manages employee issues and resolves grievances
- Interviews, hires, and evaluates staff
- Oversee day to day operations, including staff management. Staff supervision, staff scheduling, clinic (and research) scheduling and coordination of all major activities all the while ensuring we are operating efficiently (work and budget).
- Assist with performance management including conducting coaching/feedback sessions, progressive discipline, problem solving, annual evaluation cycle, compensation, and other employee relations issues.
- Implement various operational measurements tracked on dashboard and hold staff accountable for results.
- Coordinate/Oversee all external vendors, consultants, marketing specialists, and corporate partners
- Liaison between Research staff, research projects, project managers, Industry Project Sponsors
- Oversee clinic and research priorities, performance issues, and work assignments
- BUSINESS AND FINANCIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains a broad understanding of the principles of financial management
- Monitors all financial expenditures
- Implements cost-effective approaches.
- Integrates technology into the workplace and improve work processes
- Commits to a focus on continuous improvement of workflow processes
- Integrates marketing into office functions
- Tracking revenue, and matching with expenditures.
- Maintain a successful and profitable operational budget for the departments (clinic and research) with strong business instincts for growth and profitability
- Drive operational improvement, hold staff accountable
- Implement performance improvement projects
- Liaison between internal and external units, resources, partners and consultants
- Track daily expenses and overhead
- Study budgets
- Know what monies should be coming in and when
- Know which expenditures (including outside consultants) are linked to which projects
- Work with CEO on financial matters
- Find partners and investors
- Find other sources of income other than research studies
- Handle Government contracts and submissions
MARKETING KNOWLEDGE & DUTIES
- Experience in establishing marketing campaigns through digital, print and referral marketing.
- Knowledge of Public Relations and media exposure
- Seeks out new referral sources
- Maintain social media
- Administers established guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary.
- Maintains records and files pertaining to staff schedules and maintains personnel records.
- Reviews statements, invoices, receipts, and charges
- Orders, stocks, and maintains adequate inventories of all research and office supplies.
- Answers patient calls, letters and other correspondence as needed
- Overseeing research inventory tracking/ordering
- RESEARCH ADMIN: Knowledge of CTMS system (preferably Clinical Conductor). Experience with Good Clinical Practices is a plus. Assist Research with the preparation of Study Documents, Binders and Materials (includes printing, making copies, assembling). Assist with phone calls to Study Participants (for re-tests, product returns, study reminders etc.). Handle outgoing shipments and documents (complete necessary internal paperwork and documentation; pack boxes to prevent damage; make arrangements with appropriate shippers). Maintain general supplies and inventory for all Departments. Handle office supply requests from all Departments. Communicate with key personnel to facilitate office functions as well as clinical operations. Maintain knowledge of current studies in order to assist where necessary.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Minimum of BA in business or ideally MBA
- 2 years experience in the medical field is a plus.
- 2 years experience in research facility. Hands on Study Coordination experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of process innovation functions is added advantage including lean six sigma and Agile method to implement change
Ability to promptly communicate with others and highly responsive to various Client, Sponsor, and research staff requests (verbally and email).
- Project rollout experience.
- Effective interpersonal relationship skills and team player emphasis.
- Interest and competency in operational and financial aspects
- Strong analytic, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Advanced computer skills (MS Office Suite).
- Proficiency with OneDrive and Salesforce systems
- Proficiency in EMR or CTMS is a plus.
- Knowledge of research or medical terminology and acronyms, EHR and HIPAA policies.
- Exhibit professionalism in all communication and actions.
- Ability to accurately assess a situation, consider alternatives and recommend the appropriate course of action.
- Ability to work independently in a high demand environment and complete assignments with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work required; detail oriented.
- Ability to discern and prioritize appointment urgency, following company guidelines.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing top quality customer service[JL1] .
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.