Come work at Amazon! Innovation is part of our DNA!
Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space-based systems design. Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
The Senior Applied Scientist will be a member of the avionics hardware team, which develops the various sensing and actuation needs of the satellite system. They will develop solutions and software for complex avionics sensor problems, spanning analysis, algorithm development, system calibration and more. As a senior member of the team, they will be responsible for identifying top level requirements and ensuring high quality and innovative designs are pursued, while also supporting other Project Kuiper colleagues with reviewing and improving related designs.
We are looking for an outstanding applied scientist who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. You must be comfortable working with a team of top-notch engineers and collaborating with multiple other spacecraft design and integration teams. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on tens of millions of people.
If this sounds like the role for you, come make history with us!
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* M.S. or PhD in Electrical/Computer/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
* 5+ years of relevant work experience in Consumer Electronics, Power Electronics, Robotics, Aerospace, Automotive, and/or Communications field or combination thereof.
* Experience building and using batch simulation tools (eg, Monte Carlo) to predict device performance and answer hard questions with high certainty
* Experience performing physics-based analysis and simulation of imaging systems
* Experience with one modern scripting language (such as python or Matlab) and one compiled language (C/C++/Rust)
* Experience of modern imaging systems, including CMOS, ISP, optics and calibration
* Experience with embedded systems, including firmware development and integraiton
* Experience in the research, development and testing of optical imaging systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Posting ID: 611939730Posted: 2021-04-14Job Title: Senior Applied Scientist Avionic