Amazon Physical Stores is more start-up than big-company, a group of entrepreneurial, analytical, and creative leaders with innovation at our core. We're pushing the state of the art in helping customers shop in engaging, fast, and safe ways. We tackle this from multiple perspectives: customer-facing digital experiences, store fixtures, associate tools, operation support and insights, and more. To date we've created stores that let you use an app to enter, take what you want from our fresh selection, and go (Amazon Go); a smart shopping cart that uses computer vision algorithms and sensor fusion to let you skip the checkout line (Amazon Dash Cart); and contactless services that let you pay, enter or identify yourself (Amazon One). We're looking for a UX Designer to help shape what's next.
As a UX Designer on the Physical Experience Design team, you will:
* Help design user interactions for the Amazon Dash Cart.
* Work closely with user research to evaluate design options and iterate on solutions.
* Dive deep with applied scientists, engineers, user researchers, and business stakeholders to deeply understand the technology and business.
* Work alongside industrial designers and store designers to consider the holistic experience.
* Work at different design altitudes: Help set the vision and work on the details to turn the vision into an actual product.
* Work on other physical store experiences.
* Deliver high-quality, innovative, and thoughtful deliverables that are customer-focused, simple and intuitive, with customer experience always at the forefront.
* Identify the right process and deliverable in the level of fidelity required for the problem at hand.
* Work creatively around difficult business, technical, and physical store design constraints without lowering the customer bar.
* Dive deep on customer pain points and triangulate qualitative and quantitative data to support design recommendations. Partner with UX Research to formulate research studies, and create necessary materials for evaluation.
* Present design options and recommendations in a way that builds consensus, gets buy in, and moves the project forward.
* Introduce and improve design patterns, methods, and processes.
* Define user interactions, information architecture, and visual language.
* Work quickly on your feet and meet ambitious deadlines.
* Be an advocate for customers throughout product design and development.Basic Qualifications
* Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver against role responsibilities, working with minimal guidance and direction in a fast-pace environment.
* A strong online portfolio of past work experience and deliverables, demonstrating samples of your design deliverables (concepts/drawings, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes).
* Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and flexibility.
* Exceptional interpersonal, motivational communication skills to build trust across teams.
* Ability to communicate complex design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
* Proficient in design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.