Do opportunities to work on ambiguous and never-solved-before problems excite you?
Are you interested in scaling challenges that are constantly evolving?
Would you like to *really* contribute, both technically and as a leader in a team?
The Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) Networking team is looking for software engineers who have a passion for diving deep while also being able to see the big picture. We are re-engineering our virtual networking control plane as part of Amazon's initiative to get EC2 performance to be as close as possible to that of bare metal. This role would involve being part of the team that owns building, scaling, and maintaining high performance software to streamline the management of millions of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) configurations.
If you are a Software Engineer with a strong background coding in JAVA/C, a passion for improving quality, solving challenging problems and curiosity about virtual networking, then this is your opportunity to own major deliverables and all aspects of the development cycle: scoping, design, implementation, and testing. You will be encouraged to exercise judgment in proactively determining and recommending the best features, designs, and support models based on business objectives, timelines, and resource constraints.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Innovating and delivering creative software Designs to develop new services, solve operational problems, drive improvements in developer velocity, or positively impact operational safety
- Writing requirements capturing documents, design documents, integration test plans, and deployment plans
- Communicating status and progress of deliverables to schedule
- Sharing learnings and innovations with your team and stakeholders
* Currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field at time of application. (graduation date on or after August 2021)
* Programming experience with programming languages such as Java or C
* Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures and problem solving
* Internship/Project Experience in at least two of the following areas:
o Distributed Systems
o Complexity Analysis
o Knowledge of TCP/IP
o System Development
o Networking Fundamentals
o Network Virtualization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Posting ID: 611940023Posted: 2021-04-22Job Title: Software Developer