Do you enjoy diving deep on complex problems? Do you have a history of designing data and using KPIs to guide business decisions? Are you excited about diving deep into success patterns and opportunities, turning new insights into actions for product teams to accelerate adoption of state-of-the-art product features? Amazon Web Services (AWS)Support product and pricing team is seeking a talented Senior Business Analyst with the passion and strategic vision to build and grow Products/Services measurement methodology, metrics development, underserved market/segments, and insights to understand the value provided by our products and services to hundreds of AWS customers.
As the Sr. Business Analyst for Commercial Support product, you insist on the highest standards, have a bias for action, and bring a history of delivering results. You own the assessment of our metrics catalog and evangelize adoption throughout sales and product adoption cycles.
You will use your connections with global Enterprise Support organization, Business development, field sales, AWS Services and Support product management to guide the research and development of both standard product metrics, innovative value proposition measurement, and areas of further growth and development. You will maintain a relentless focus on the customer and dive deep into the challenges they face. You have great judgement and can advise which opportunities drive the strategic value for the business. You will also be focusing on key macro industry trends to provide insights to product management to consider those features and entitlements to consider.
You will be responsible for measuring the success of our products, and designing new and better ways to identify how we can be more successful. This is a unique opportunity to focus on strategy, automation, and longer-term innovation in commercial product domain. You will create and deliver reporting and analysis to ensure that our products are effective and hitting targeted goals. Additionally, you will be seeking opportunities to drive efficiency within the teams' workflows to maximize productivity and proficiency through data analysis.
Your work will be shared with leadership and will be influential in evaluating the effectiveness of the product teams. Your advice will be leveraged to ensure that all of our products/services are designed with data analysis in-mind from the very start. You will also work with partner teams, understand their best practices, find useful data sources, and scope and conduct your own analysis. This is a visible role in an exciting space and growing team. You will be required to work with business leaders across product management, software development, business intelligence, data science, and engineering. This Sr. Business Analyst oversees AWS commercial Support product measurement program, which guides the development of innovative insights for our customers, based on product and support interactions. The program helps teams answer key questions when assessing the overall product effectiveness. You will own of the product metrics catalog and the routine assessment process that drives experimentation and innovation of new metrics. You will use data to understand business performance, developing insights based on your work, and summarizing your findings for leadership consumption. You are responsible for the ongoing development of the program and communicating progress toward the goal of improving the quality of products/services metrics, including new and innovative metrics that promote our unique value proposition.
In this role, you will:
* Document measurement business requirements and create strategy, process, and product solutions that meet the metrics needs of the organization.
* Plan and manage the execution of product measurement program.
* Work directly with senior leaders, product managers, and engineering teams to develop measurement systems, analyze data and produce tangible insights that guide the program/product roadmaps.
* Support data needs related to business cadence such as weekly, monthly, and quarterly business reviews.
* Provide over and underserved geographic and industry segment to identify future areas of focus and influence the decisions making to drive product adoption.
* Design and build new services and techniques to process data sets, address quantitative problems, and recommend spaces for experimentation.
* Build scorecards that enable product/program leaders to understand our business data, assess functional product/service performance, and develop targeted action plans.
* Bachelor of Science in computer science, engineer, or equivalent experience
* Experience defining program requirements, using data and metrics to determine improvements, proficiency in SQL, Excel, Tableau
* 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.