Amazon Pets is looking for an entrepreneurial Vendor Manager who will play a critical role managing vendors and categories for the fast-paced and growing Pets category. The Vendor Manager is responsible for managing the full scope of their category and vendor portfolio, driving the topline performance and profitability for their business. He/she will analyze data to identify key brands to target, initiate long term relationships with brands' senior management, resolve operational, logistical or business issues, and lead negotiations on Amazon's behalf. He/she will leverage key metrics to develop customer insights to drive innovation, and will leverage these insights to drive vendor participation in marketing, merchandising and promotional activities in order to drive overall business growth.
Successful candidates will be highly adept at Earning Trust and demonstrate an ability to influence some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as internal cross-functional teams. They are passionate about building relationships, finding creative solutions to challenging blockers presented in the industry, and launching new brands from scratch. They will have the opportunities to walk the show rooms at Pet Industry Trade Shows and Conferences, present to strategic vendors face to face, and drive conversations at the highest level to influence the results. They must be excellent problem solvers, great at identifying potential obstacles, implementing quick work-around solutions, and Inventing and Simplifying tasks to scale. The ideal candidate will be an autonomous self-starter, have strong Ownership, comfortable navigating ambiguity with a Bias for Action, and be able to Deliver Results in a fast paced business environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are essential.
* 3+ years professional experience in retail buying/planning, sales, management consulting or related experience.
* Bachelor's degree Required
* Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making
* Experience with financial analysis and P&L ownership
* Experience managing large data sets and utilizing to drive performance and process improvements.
* Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
* Fluent in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Posting ID: 611940262Posted: 2021-04-12