Champions Company and Division customer service programs to meet or exceed Division customer service goals. Handles customer relations in a positive manner, including effective resolution of customer complaints. Promotes Albertson's philosophy of personalized service in the service deli.
· Supervises the day to day functions of the service deli. Conducts daily inspections of all service deli sections and initiates corrective measures to ensure compliance with product quality, rotates products, maintains in stock conditions, code date standards, temperature, sanitation and safety requirements.
· Assists with all service deli duties such as: receiving, cleaning, preparing, cooking, slicing and packaging.
· Implements effective promotional and seasonal displays. Controls shrink and expenses. Accurately completes and monitors daily log sheet, purchase report, and sales and labor and other required paperwork and logs. Maintains records on ad items movement.
· Orders, checks, receives and controls inventory to ensure adequate proper inventory level, product quality and freshness and to prevent the sale of out of code product. Takes periodic inventories, processes administrative paperwork and maintains accurate department records. Maintains and organizes service deli work area, cooler and freezer.
· Ensures proper merchandising of product by understanding and implementing schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures and monitoring product flow. Complies with retail labeling laws, federal and state regulations and Company policies.
· Follows Company policy in handling re-worked and reduced-to-clear items. Complies with all federal, state and local health and food safety standards.
· Handles customer relations. Assists customers by taking and filling special orders. Makes product suggestions and engages in suggestive selling. Makes intercom announcements.
· Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of sales floor and work area, freezer and cooler, equipment, and retail cases.
· Assists with answering and responding incoming calls appropriately. Receives and appropriately resolves customer complaints and reports to the Store Director as appropriate.
· Assists with implementing emergency procedures in the event of equipment and computer software malfunctions.
· Schedule service deli associates to ensure adequate coverage and service levels. Ensures that all associates are trained and instructed in the proper performance of work duties. Monitors associate performance and reports observations to the Store Director. Reports associate complaints to the Store Director and assists with resolution.
· Maintains confidentiality concerning associates, store sales and other Company information.
· Responsible for performing all job duties and responsibilities safely, accurately and with honesty and integrity.
· Other necessary and required duties.