Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and leveraging data, our CEO Vivek Sankaran and a revitalized leadership team are rallying our 300,000+ associates around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for being locally great and nationally strong, with deep roots in and compassionate care for the communities we serve, and an appetite for exceptional food and cultivating lasting customer relationships. We are competitive. We always act with integrity to win over our customers, and they have rewarded us by generating more than $66.5 billion in sales over the last 12 months. Every move we have made in 2020 is with the goal of making their experience easy, exciting and friendly, no matter how they shop with us.
On paper, the 2,200+ stores, 22 distribution centers, and 20 food and beverage plants makes Albertsons Cos. one of the largest retailers in the United States. With stores from Hilo, HI up to Fairbanks, AK over to Ellsworth, ME and down to Galveston, TX, our foundation is the 20 well-known grocery banners, each with their own eclectic and legendary histories. The acceleration of our digital and eCommerce offerings is unmatched in the industry for both pick-up and delivery. Digital sales grew 243% year-over-year in Q2 2020, driven by new customer acquisition facilitated in part by the addition of over 200 Drive Up and Go Stores, and we are only getting started. We are also accelerating our plans for 2021, and now expect to be in at least 1800 locations by the end of fiscal year 2021. And our exclusive and on-trend Own Brands products have built loyalty among the 30 million weekly customers. With nearly 1,700 pharmacies, we sit on the leading edge of a health and wellness revolution that provides quality healthcare for the 5.5 million patients.
Our highest aspiration is to develop a team that is recognized as the industry leader in building the store of the future, where everyone feels like owners in a diverse and inclusive work environment that makes each store feel like the neighborhood gem. We have fostered an environment that has become a career builder, with more than 60,000 associates who have been with us for 15 years or longer. We learn every day how to be a better retailer, and we are looking for diverse leaders who are determined to make a difference.
Sound like you? Join us.
The Director of Demand Planning and Replenishment Support is responsible for building and leading a team that demand plans for future retail sales across the Albertsons Companies enterprise and also addresses real time retail store incidents related to the Forecasting and Replenishment (FAR) program. The FAR program enables perpetual inventory tracking at retail and creates computer aided store replenishment to drive sales through improved in stock conditions, lowers shrink through optimized inventory and ensure schematic integrity to delight our shoppers. The team creates and maintains SKU/Store/DC forecasts by using forecast models and incorporating business intelligence gathered from our key partners, historical information, and other sources.
KEY RESPONSIBLITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Builds/Leads a team of ~30 including 2 Manager level and various individual contributors.
- Responsible for the demand planning and retail replenishment support functions associated with the FAR program.
- Works closely with the Vice President of Demand Planning to develop and implement demand planning and retail replenishment support policies, SOPs, SLAs and key metrics to assure business expectations are met.
- Oversees enterprise-wide planning programs collaborating with key business partners and stakeholders (includes but limited to suppliers, manufacturing, division/national sales managers, sourcing, and third party data analytics partners) aggregating demand plan as appropriate for business partners to ensure best possible business outcomes.
- Works closely with Vice President Demand Planning and Retail Replenishment Support to research and implements technologies and/or enhancements to demand planning and retail replenishment support.
- Presents key demand planning and retail replenishment support results and updates to executive management.
- Provides technical guidance and support to develop processes that leverage demand and replenishment plans processes to drive efficiency supply chain flow and deliver schematic integrity, optimized in stock conditions to drive sales, and limit retail and distribution center inventory shrink (obsolescence/spoil).
- Provides technical oversight related to demand planning and issue resolution, working closely with Albertsons Technology and Engineering teams to develop technical enhancements as appropriate.
- Leads, directs, and mentors team members.
- Defines and advocates a culture of daily continuous improvement throughout team.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year college degree required, MBA preferred or equivalent Supply Chain or Meat/Seafood/Deli industry experience.
- 5-10 years of supply chain, inventory management and replenishment planning, or S&OP experience in a CPG or retail setting with significant experience in perishable and non-perishable foods, non food hardgoods.
- 5+ years retail operations, marketing, or manufacturing management experience
- 5-10 years people management experience
- Must have a working knowledge of demand planning algorithms, technology and processes.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in inventory management, complex forecasting, and service planning environments. (Strong planning experience required)
- Solid knowledge of interpreting and reviewing demand planning data, to create relevant reporting and creating strategies for improvement.
- Knowledge of end-to-end supply-chain and lifecycle of products
- Ability to lead the deployment of systematic improvements and organizational capabilities.
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to track and manage multiple on-going plans, projects and action items throughout a decentralized organization.
- Ability to quickly react to an array of business issues and provide direction and guidance to management as needed to maximize FAR program results
- Strategic Thinking and Planning - demonstrated ability to think strategically, turn information into effective demand planning strategies and programs and drive results. Facilitate development of collaborative demand and replenishment plans and strategies to deliver through participation in strategic cross-functional partnerships.
- Solid understanding of financial information, P & L statements and how demand planning can impact revenue and expense line items.
- Cross-Functional Alignment -- effectively build cross-functional alignment across the organization including with key business partners within Supply Chain functions (warehousing, transportation, replenishment planning) as well as cross functionally with Merchandising, FP&A, Retail Operations, etc.
- Communication - strong oral, written and formal presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way. Able to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization. Candidly and constructively speaks up even when it's difficult to do so.
- Interpersonal - approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without compromising total position. Highly collaborative and must be able to develop rapport with inside personnel and outside vendors/ partners. Able to influence across the organization at multiple levels. Able to work effectively with teams as well as independently.
- Motivating/Developing Others - proven experience in managing teams including ability to provide direction, understand resource capability and successfully drive results working with direct reports, dotted-line and/or internal or external resources. Positively motivates others to accomplish goals, provides honest feedback in a constructive way.
- Personal Initiative - highly self-motivated; assumes personal accountability for results and performance. Autonomously meets goals and deadlines. Demonstrated track record as proactive, trusted advisor /thought leader in an organization, particularly around strategic merchandising/ marketing issues to drive results.
- Industry Knowledge -- able to implement demand planning and collaborative planning best practices across functional groups, considering corporate programs as inputs.
- Surface emerging industry trends and potential threats to plans and projects to executive management, proactively and responsively provides plan updates.
- Supervision -- expert manager. Sets expectations and holds the department accountable for all strategic plans. Develops pipeline of talent to meet department needs.
- Work typically performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Spends long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone and other office equipment in the course of a normal workday.
- Workday is fast-paced, some evening and weekend work may be required.
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER