*RELOCATE TO INDIANAPOLIS, IN*
- Do you work for a HVAC or Plumbing Company that isn't compensating you for what you are worth?
- How often does your company's CEO sit down with you for coffee to get to know your family and career goals?
- When's the last time your company rented out a restaurant/pub for your team and family to celebrate?
If this sounds familiar, or the last couple of points aren't happening, then it's time for a change!!!
Peterman Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing Inc. is the leading Indianapolis Plumbing and HVAC company, and we have an opening for Plumbing Service Manager.
The Big Task:
- You will use your blend of field knowledge, administrative talent, and that motivational leadership background to develop, lead, and inspire our Indianapolis Plumbing department.
Key Sub Tasks:
- Lead plumbing service, installation, and field leadership.
- Monitor staff performance to ensure that daily revenue goals are met.
- Show employees how their individual contributions matter to the company's success.
- Communicate clearly, show recognition and build rapport with employees.
- Monitor employee engagement levels and know how to promote a healthy work environment.
- Train and advise staff members on how to win new referrals and gain repeat business.
- Establish customer satisfaction metrics, evaluate performance and coach staff to success.
- Provide insight on annual budget, control expenses and meet or exceed sales plan.
- Ensure sufficient staff levels to meet ongoing customer demand and seasonal spikes.
- Promote enthusiasm and brand loyalty during daily huddles, team meetings and 1:1's.
- Shape company culture by living the values of our company.
- Bring more energy than you take, because you will set the tone every day for the entire organization.
- Gross Profit
- Cherry Picking List
- Plumbing jobs
- Average Tickets
- Technician Efficiency & Closing Rates
- Field Leadership
- Escalated Customer Situations & Remediation
- When needed, check GPS status for proper arrival times, and assist technicians with on the job pricing.
- Update department numbers in which you will report on at the board meeting each morning.
- Partner with field team to provide support.
- Be available for your team via phone after hours, and on the weekend.
- On-site or virtual curbside spot checks with technicians.
- Complete all payroll functions.
- Lead weekly department meetings in person, or virtually all while promoting our positive company culture.
- Plan a minimum of one monthly product training per month.
- Weekly one on ones with technicians.
- Meet with Direct Supervisor, and your Field Supervisors once a week.
- Meet with Accounting and Purchasing Coordinator weekly to go over labor and materials for sold jobs.
- Perform annual and mid-year performance reviews
- Proactively meet with HR/Talent Manager to go over performance opportunities and staffing needs.
- Administer disciplinary action, or performance improvement plans when needed.
- Complete pre-scheduled departmental interviews.
- Attend departmental "Peterman Parties"
Competencies (These are MUSTs):
- Listening Skills Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
- Execution and Results Aligns resources to accomplish key objectives and assigns clear accountability for important objectives. Achieves meaningful accomplishments.
- Influence Inspires and motivates others to take action.
- Strategic Perspective Gains perspective and balances the tension between daily tasks and strategic actions that impact the long-term viability of the department.
- Working Across Boundaries Works across the company to build collaborative relationships.
Preferred Skills & Experiences:
- Knowledge of local plumbing codes with a minimum of 5 years industry experience.
- Poses the ability to inspire both personal and professional growth in our team members.
- Be detail oriented, highly organized, and a great multi-tasker with good presentation skills.
- Have the ability to drive team performance to achieve all departmental goals and objectives.
What We Offer:
- Aggressive Compensation Structure
- Technology Package
- Take it home at night, new company truck!
- Health, Vision, Dental
- Birthday Off, Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- 401K, Company Match
- A family. Last on the list because it's the most important!
Posting ID: 613161861Posted: 2021-03-21Job Title: Plumbing