Position Purpose: Supervise Water park staff, carry out instructions of the Aquatics Director, act as the liaison for all Red Cross materials, transmittals, and lifeguard classes, along with creating training materials and Daily Training Topics, also to ensure the continued training of Lifeguards and provide a safe recreational environment for guests and their families.
- Provide needed supervision to prevent accidents within the facility.
- Provide new materials and topics for daily training.
- Provide feedback and information for staff evaluations.
- Act as the Manager on Duty when the Director is unavailable.
- Act as the liaison for all Red Cross materials, transmittals, trainings, and lifeguard classes.
- Supervise and support Head Guards, Lifeguards, Slide Attendants, and Aquatic Center Attendants.
- Assist with on-going training to ensure standards are being met.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties.
- Move throughout facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure quality and service standards are met. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Ensure appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, and appearance are maintained.
- Full knowledge and participation in the hotels Fire, Safety, Security, and Environmental plan and/or committees.
- Supervise all service personnel including counseling and discipline, to maintain service standards.
- Create and monitor the schedule for the head guards as needed to facilitate the park operations and also serve as the point of contact for schedule changes for the head guards.
- Initiate emergency procedures if accident prevention fails.
- Enforce all facility rules and regulations.
- Administer proper medical attention when needed.
- Be responsible for the care and maintenance of issued equipment.
- Report needed repairs to Aquatics Director and/or Engineering Department.
- Serve in a public information/relations capacity.
- Present a favorable, professional public image.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Aquatics Director. These duties may include general housekeeping, basic maintenance, and various other jobs.
- Inspect and maintain rescue equipment, points of communication (telephone, radio, etc.) and first aid supplies.
- Assist with the opening, closing and operation of aquatics facility.
- Act as a liaison between the department staff and Aquatics Director/management.
- Help keep the aquatics area free of dangerous objects and substances.
- As necessary, act in the capacity of lifeguard, Water park attendant, and/or pool cleaner.
- Report any and all suspicious persons/activities or hazardous conditions to the Aquatics Director, Manager On Duty, General Manager and/or Security Department.
- Turn in all items found in associate's working area to Hotel Lost and Found department.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (Lifeguarding/First Aid Certificate / CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certificate.)
- Current American Red Cross Shallow Water Attendant Certification (Shallow Water Attendant/First Aid Certificate / CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certificate.)
- Current American Red Cross Administering Emergency Oxygen Certification.
- Successful completion of High School education preferred.
- Two years experience as an active American Red Cross Lifeguard preferred.
- Must be able to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information, and resolve conflicts.
- Must have good interpersonal skills as related to interacting with and assisting guests, patrons, and co-workers.
- Must have the ability to supervise activities of others, give directions, and enforce rules and regulations.
- Must possess critical thinking skills and be able to make sound decisions independently.
- Must have the ability to work alone or in coordination with other team members to supervise activity in the facility, enforce all rules and regulations, and appropriately respond to any emergency situation.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with diverse age levels and community groups, as well as exercise authority and leadership when necessary.
- Basic understanding of the English language in relation to reading, writing, and communicating with guests and fellow associates.
Reporting Relationship Aquatics Director
Exemption Status Non-Exempt
Note This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.