CMTS LLC., is currently seeking a Project Manager I to join our team!!!
• Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and reviews project management activities with regard to design and construction of local bond measures, state matching funds, construction and modernization projects and reports performance of College Project Management team and the Program Management Office (PMO).
• Resolves complex, construction project related issues, disputes, and disagreements
• Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
• Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
• Review and develop contract documents in coordination with others
• Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
• Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
• Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
• Successfully manage and execute the design and/or construction of 5 to 8 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $2M to $50M each.
• Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation
• Manage and coordinate the planning and design phase of projects with all stakeholders including College user groups, District Facilities staff, PMO staff, and others.
• Successfully close out and certify projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout
• Evaluate, assess, process and manage change order and professional services requests in a timely manner
• Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
• Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
• Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
• Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
• Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
· 5 years’ experience in Management of multiple design and construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes.
· 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction preferred.
· Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
· Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout.
· Experience in alternative delivery method (Design-build, etc.).
· Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance.
· Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
· Experience in Formal Construction Partnering.
· Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar.
BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.