3181 Maple Ave
Zanesville, OH 43701
You belong here!
- Are you looking for growth opportunities at work?
- Do you want to work with other highly capable people?
- Are you looking for a place to belong, that feels more like family than work?
- Do you want to work with leaders who see you as a person not a function?
Our goal at Applebee's is to leave you better off for your time with us. Whether that’s feeling energized at work, developing more skills, building belief in yourself, moving closer to your career goals, making more money, strengthening relationships, or a gaining a better understanding of business and hospitality -- we are dedicated to giving you a work experience that encourages your development whether you’re with us for 3 weeks or 30 years.
We don’t have a big vision or purpose statement, just an invitation: We invite you to make a positive difference. We want you to better off because of us, and we want you to help make us better.
Robust Training and Development Programs - We have state of the art training materials and learning experiences to help you develop the skills that will be most valuable to you and to us for individual positions in the restaurant, management and leadership
Learn more, Paid more - At Applebee’s the more you learn = the more value you add = the more you’ll get paid. It’s that simple.
Family Fund - Most of our employees donate $1 per paycheck to our Family Fund, a non-profit foundation run by our employees for employees. The Family Fund exists to provide financial assistance to keep people on their feet during times of greatest need in their lives. To date, our employees have given other employees over $400,000.
Meal Discounts - When you work here, you eat cheaper.
Paid Vacation / Health Benefits - Our full-time employees enjoy competitive paid vacation and health benefits for themselves and their families.
Growth Opportunities - We are dedicated to hiring well and promoting. Over 90% of our managers are, and have been, promoted from within.
As a member of the our Team, you’ll learn every role and aspect of Applebees and contribute to its overall success and excellent operation.
We value the capacity for learning over knowledge.
Primary Responsibilities: Completes all assigned prep work and sets up cook's station. Maintains product presentations, product quality and cook time standards. Prepares all menu items according to Applebee's Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications.
Specific Functions and Duties:
- Prepares menu items according to Applebee's Recipes, Plate Presentations and specifications.
- Completes all assigned prep work.
- Sets up work station according to station diagram.
- Practices sanitary and safe food handling at all times.
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during and after shift.
- Completes assigned daily and weekly cleaning projects.
- Able to place plates, utensils, pans and cases on high and low shelves.
- Reading, writing and verbal communication skills required.
- Capable of using knives, slicing equipment and other food preparation equipment.
- Mobility required during the entire shift.