Job Title: Class A CDL Heavy Haul 5 Axle Driver
What we are looking for: Class A CDL Driver that is responsible for;
Loading/unloading, transporting & securing of heavy equipment to job sites in a safe manner in compliance with local, state and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations. Driver will be driving a truck and/or tractor-semi trailer with low bed hauling various equipment such as 80,000LB Excavators.
• Plans delivery route based on load weight, height, width, roadway construction and secures equipment loads, works directly with dispatcher and management.
• Participates in U.S. Department of Transportation drug and alcohol testing program.
• Drive 2018 Kenworth T800W Cummins X15 (605HP) 18 Speed
• Completes a pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection of tractor, trailer and securements. Ensures the truck, trailer and securement is safe to travel before driving.
• Ensures weight is distributed accordingly for the size trailer and number of axles.
• Ensures the necessary weight and/or oversized permits have been acquired from Dispatch and or management prior to taking the loading.
• Reports immediately any equipment or vehicle repairs required that would jeopardize safe operation of the truck, trailer or load securements.
• Ensures the truck has all necessary paperwork for every vehicle driven daily.
• Ensures the truck and trailer are labeled, flagged, placarded, etc. for the load being hauled.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• At least Two (2) years’ experience loading / driving tractor-trailers with large scale construction equipment on a Low bed is required.
• Understand a Property Hauling drivers defined by FMCSA.
• Must have a valid Class A CDL from California.
• Must have a valid DOT medical certificate.
• Must not have any traffic convictions defined by FMCSA that would disqualify a CDL.
• Must be able to operate large scale equipment in order to load / unload such equipment for transport safely and efficiently.
Hourly Rate will be based on Experience, Hourly Range $25 - $32 per hour.