CMTS LLC., is currently seeking Sr. Project Manager II to join our team!!!
· Manages and provides construction oversight to OARs.
· Resolves complex construction project related issues, disputes, and disagreements.
· Develops, assigns, and monitors performance of OARs relative to assigned construction projects.
· Reviews status and overall construction project progress relative to submitted construction schedules.
· Reviews change orders from all construction projects and assesses their impact on the District.
· Assists Regional Directors and other Facilities management staff with bid and contract planning.
· Assesses bid specifications for District need and probability of completion under stated timeline.
· Reviews status and monitors variances of the construction project database relative to scheduling and cost control reporting.
· Reviews and verifies submitted applications for payment and performs overall fiscal management of multiple construction projects.
· Provides functional direction over areas of responsibility including construction project schedules, cost control, dispute resolution, contract administration, and quality control.
· Reviews and monitors overall administration of contracts for the architect and related consultants.
· Coordinates program activities with other District organizational branches and departments such as the Office of Environmental Health and Safety, Design and A/E Technical Support, Asset Management Branch, Facilities Contract Administration, Inspection Unit, Maintenance and Operations, and local districts.
· Reviews and takes recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects.
· Develops and recommends internal policies and procedures.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· 17 years full time paid professional project/construction management experience.
· 5 years of experience in managing large programs with projects having construction values in excess of $30 -60 million (not cumulative).
· 5 years’ experience in educational facility construction, public works or large commercial projects (may include projects outside of California).
· Design Build Experience.
· Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
· Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
· Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes.
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
· Additional courses in Business Administration, Public Relations, Accounting, School Finance, Personnel Management and Communication are preferred
· Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction
· Manager Certification Institute (CMCI) may be substituted for the required education
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.