CMTS LLC., is currently seeking Owners Authorized Representative II to join our team!!!
· Manages, oversees and coordinates all facets of the pre-construction, bid and award, construction and close-out phase of all assigned projects.
· Reviews pre-construction documents and submits comments to Designer as necessary Plans, organizes, and prepares reports to upper management with respect to the status and/or progress of the projects.
· Coordinates with all pertinent public agencies during pre-construction and construction to comply with all off-site work; coordinates with various District and Project staff.
· Manages both the project budget and schedule to meet the District’s qualitative standards; monitors project budget on a monthly basis and ensures that the budget accurately reflects the project status/progress.
· Manages daily activities of the contractor, reviews contractors’ construction schedules and submittals, and coordinates responses to the contractors’ inquiries thru the Requests for Clarifications (RFC) and other related documents.
· Reviews substitution submittals from contractors to ensure specification and/or District requirements are complied.
· Receives, reviews, and negotiates Contractor Change Order Proposal(s) to achieve a fair & reasonable price in accordance with the General Conditions; reviews and addresses any and all schedule impacts in accordance with the project specifications in a timely manner.
· Reviews the process and monitors payments for the contractor, architects, engineers and any other pertinent parties.
· Administers provisions of Professional Service Agreements between Architects and the District.
· Coordinates District delivery of related fixtures, furniture and equipment.
· Monitors and manages project close-out with respect to project certification with the Division of State Architects (DSA) and project financial close out.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· 15 years full time paid professional experience in Project/Construction Management of Commercial and/or Public/Educational Facility Construction with full responsibility for coordinating complex projects with construction values in excess of $30M- $50M (not cumulative)
· 5 years’ experience in managing projects for an educational institution or public agency
· Design Build Experience
· Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
· Experience with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
· Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
· Safety and OSHA Safety Regulations (OSHA 30 minimum)
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
· Possession of a valid Certified Construction Manager (CCM) credential may be substituted for the required education.
Preferred Licenses and Certificates:
· A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
· A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
CMTS LLC offers 100% company-paid medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance coverage for employees.
CMTS, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Our Management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.