With more than 330 managed locations in more than 20 countries Courtyard by Marriott offers a refreshing environment that helps guests stay connected and balanced. Working at Courtyard, you'll ensure guests have a smooth, productive stay that meets their personal and business needs. Find Your World™ at Courtyard by Marriott.
Responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Verifies the implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers and is involved in the sales process.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting the Operational and Financial Management of the Property
• Verifies that all brand standards are being maintained in each area of the property.
• Verifies that all team members meet or exceed all brand requirements.
• Manages the operation of the all property departments.
• Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
• Verifies that a viable key control program is in place.
• Maintains current licenses and permits as prescribed by local, state and federal agencies.
• Provides a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA/MSDS.
• Manages all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, payroll and ordering procedures, end of period, banking procedures and PAF's.
• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Performs required annual Quality audit with GM and RD.
Supporting the Management and Development of Departmental Teams
• Stays readily available/approachable for all employees.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to employees at all times.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists/teaches team managers scheduling (using Scheduling Tool) against guest and hours/occupied room goals. Makes sure that staffing levels are appropriate to exceed guest expectations.
• Sets clear performance expectations with the General Manager.
• Assists team supervisors with constructive coaching and counseling.
• Solicits feedback for continuous improvement.
Managing the Guest Experience
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Motivates and encourages staff to solve guest and employee related concerns.
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Assists employees in understanding guests ever-changing needs and expectations, and how to exceed them.
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Verifies that orientations for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with employee concerns.
• Verifies that property hiring practices comply with I-9, and EEO requirements and strives for a culturally diverse work place.
Performs other duties as assigned and needed.