This individual will be responsible for all areas of organizational operations: human resources, staffing, intakes, client services oversight, caregivers and scheduling and will directly interface with clients, performing service evaluation, originating service plans and scheduling and supervising care.
Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
▪ Manage day to day office and field operations to ensure quality assurance of services
▪ Answer phone and conduct intakes, take after hours and weekend emergency calls, scheduling issues and client referrals/intakes
▪ Perform initial and ongoing in-home evaluation, caregiver introductions, coordination and supervision of client services
▪ Schedule shifts by matching caregiver qualifications and availability to clients' needs
▪ Supervise and coach caregivers and conduct performance appraisals
▪ Oversee hiring process for caregivers - process applications, interview, conduct background checks, administer pre-employment testing and reference checks, make hiring/termination decisions, etc. ▪ Orient caregivers and maintain current caregiver files in accordance with policies/procedures; may perform on-going caregiver training
▪ Complete appropriate visit records in a timely manner and according to policy
▪ Record/maintain employee files including: personnel data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance appraisals and termination data
▪ Perform data entry and maintenance of client, payroll, billing and related accounting information into the computer
▪ Order and maintain office supplies, forms and equipment
▪ Visit prospective clients after referrals are made to introduce FirstLight Home Care and on an ongoing basis as needed
▪ Work toward continuous quality improvement
▪ Stay current with changing technology, including software programs
▪ Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
The Client Care Coordinator has supervisory responsibility for other office personnel.
To perform this job successfully, the individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skills, abilities, certifications, and educational experience required.
▪ Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and 2 years related health care/home care industry experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Previous, successful management experience required
▪ Prior scheduling experience preferred
▪ Proficient skills in Microsoft Office and or Google Suite and scheduling software required
▪ Must possess and demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and leadership skills as well as a positive and professional image
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, & REGISTRATION
▪ Must possess and maintain a Valid Driver's License and maintain adequate auto insurance
▪ Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
▪ Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
▪ Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
▪ Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
▪ Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
▪ Ability to discern when to escalate client situations, such as calling Supervisor or 911
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The environment may contain a potential exposure to illness and/or bodily fluids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.