Are you a hard-working, motivated individual looking for a position where you get to work with trucks and big tires? Are you looking for MORE than “just a job” – do you yearn for a CAREER with tremendous growth opportunities? Would it excite you to get paid GOOD money to be part of a growing small business where your ideas have the potential to have a huge positive impact on future operations?
Our growing Seattle-Area Commercial Tire Dealer is seeking a Commercial Tire Service Technician.
Our tire technicians install and repair wheels and tires for commercial vehicles, semi-trucks, trailers, chassis, etc. Qualified candidates will possess a positive attitude, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to quickly learn and grow in the knowledge and skills necessary to properly install, repair, balance, and rotate tires. We will train you to become an expert tire technician and show you how to inspect wheels and tires for proper wear, ensure that tires are inflated correctly and matched properly on the vehicle, and make professional recommendations for new tires when needed. Other requirements may include driving to pick up or deliver tires and recycle old tires, plus any other necessary business activities. The goal will be to train you to work independently and productively with minimal supervision and to manage your time efficiently. Bonuses will be paid for outstanding production.
**Standard business hours are M-F 8:00AM - 6:00PM, however, you will be required to be on call for work on some nights and weekends.
Tire Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
· Inspect wheel and tires on vehicles before and after installation
· Perform tire rotations, balancing, cleaning and other maintenance tasks
· Follow all safety protocols while working in the shop and field
· Provide excellent customer service
Tire Technician Requirements and Qualifications:
· Mechanical aptitude for working with air tools, hand tools, and hydraulic equipment for removing and installing tires
· Team player and positive attitude
· Attention to detail
· Customer service oriented
· Experience with heavy duty commercial semi and trailer tires welcomed but not required
· Must have a valid driver’s license and provide an acceptable driving record
· Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
· Ability to repeatedly bend, stoop, reach, push and pull
· Must be able to work around loud equipment - air compressors, bead seaters, hydraulic impact wrench, etc. (PPE will be provided)
· Must be able to regularly work outside in the elements
· Must be able to multitask and work in a high paced, quickly changing environment
** Qualified applicants will be contacted to complete the 7 steps in our application process:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour