Overview $5,000 Sign-On/Stay Bonus!
Start @ $80,000 - $90,000 Annually on Component Pay
Local/Regional In-Store Deliveries
Experience the QCD difference! Due to high growth in our nation-wide business. With QCD it's not just a job, it's a career. WHO WE ARE
Quality Custom Distribution (QCD) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Golden State Foods, one of the largest diversified suppliers to the Quick Service Restaurant industry. QCD has been providing custom distribution services to iconic customers throughout the United States. QCD is a multi-stop, regional delivery service with a focus on customer service. Our business philosophy actively supports our associates through our Four (4) Core Values:
- Treat others like you want to be treated
- Make the best product
- Give the customer a fair deal
- Maintain the highest standardsOur comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, and vision after 30 days of employment. Generous 401k/pension plan, with employer-contributions after just 6 months. Paid vacation/holidays/sick leave. Our associates also enjoy discount programs, tuition reimbursement, and much more! If you are looking for a competitive wage, solid opportunities and a career path to success, we have a great opportunity at our new facility in Riverside.
- JOB DESCRIPTION
- Performs daily transportation functions as directed by Supervisor.
- Local and team route options available.
- Operates diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination trucks to transport and deliver products.
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicles in difficult situations, such as narrow passageways.
- Inspects trucks for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck conditions.
- Maintains driver log according to DOT regulations and other federal and company required records/logs.
- May be required to perform product backhaul when returning from dispatched route.
- Unloads/loads product at store with assistance from store personnel.
Unloads product at each delivery stop. Verifies delivered product against invoice to
insure delivery and billing accuracy. Obtains customer signature on invoice and delivery log.
Makes adjustments to invoices as necessary. Keeps Driver Daily Delivery Log. 25
Drives to predetermined store locations per route schedule, applying knowledge of commercial
driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle. 10
Requires use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of operations
within the limitations of recognized or standard methods and procedures. 10
Functions as company representative to customer, properly represents company interests
and image in all dealings with customers. Division Application of Responsibilities:(% of Time) 5
Maintains driver log, trip and mileage records according to D.O.T. regulations. Complies with all
DOT rules and regulations regarding hours of service, licensing, safety and equipment operation. 5
Maintain company quality and performance standards. 5
Observe company safety rules and regulations and reports unusual conditions and problems to supervisor. 5
Positions/check load securing equipment to secure cargo during transit. Inspects vehicles
for defects before, during and after trips, submits report indicating equipment condition. 5
Practice good housekeeping. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications Qualifications Required of this Position:
Must possess a valid driver's license and possess a current DOT Medical certification card. One (1) year
driving tractor-trailer experience. Must be able to effectively communicate to maintain positive customer
relations climate with other drivers/warehouse personnel/customers/supervisors. Capable of standing,
walking and repeatedly climbing into and out of road tractor or switch tractor. Must be able to work all
necessary work schedules, including holidays/weekends. Requires safely operating equipment in extremes
of weather and climatic conditions and insure working in a cold environment (cooler/freezer). Must
be able to frequently lift/handle cases ranging from 5-50 pounds.