Description Job Description: The Maritime System Division (MSD) of Leidos develops, integrates, and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a range of customers across the Department of Defense (DoD). Due to our continued growth, MSD is currently seeking a qualified, energetic, and experienced leader to fill the newly created position of Production Manager in our Lynnwood, WA office. The Production Manager will oversee the production of advanced electro-mechanical systems and subsystems for unmanned maritime platforms. Current and future projects span advanced one-off concepts and prototype IR&D, up to low-rate initial production (LRIP) and programs of record. The successful applicant will be capable of providing immediate strong leadership for existing work, enhance collaboration between production, engineering, and management, and guide the way to well-position the MSD Lynnwood production team for future production projects. She/he will work collaboratively with an outstanding group of existing production staff, engineering staff, and project managers. He/she will become part of an experienced team that supports production and integration of advanced maritime systems and subsystems for the US Navy. This position requires US citizenship and an active Secret security clearance. Primary Responsibilities The successful applicant shall provide leadership and day-to-day guidance to the production staff, and manage their support of production procurement, manufacturing, assembly, and testing for multiple projects within MSD. He/she shall serve as the functional manager for all production-related activities, production staff, and production resources. She/he shall coordinate and prioritize work assigned to manufacturing by multiple project managers, manage and plan production resources accordingly, ensure that the work performed meets performance and quality requirements, and complies with schedule and cost objectives. In supporting this role, he/she will: * Leadership:
* Provides overall production leadership to production staff supporting the production of complex, high-reliability ocean hardware/software systems within an ISO 90001 environment. This includes supervisory duties, application of excellent communication skills (see Better Together below), mentoring and motivating, training and education necessary to perform assigned work, and advancing their personal career goals. In short, the successful applicant will seek to “co-elevate” with his/her team towards shared goals, rather than dictate.
* Co-elevation Culture: Seeks to understand the needs of each production team member by actively listening, openly soliciting candid feedback, withholding judgement, and helping each team member address weaknesses and leverage individual strengths.
* Stewardship Ethos: Serves the needs of the production staff. Advocates on their behalf. Takes personal responsibility for shortcomings, and openly celebrates successes.
* Owns overall responsibility for production performance for one-off concept and prototype IR&D up to LRIP production projects, including technical compliance, schedule, quality, cost, and customer satisfaction.
* Owns responsibility for production environment safety and its improvement.
* Owns responsibility for production staff performance and their improvement.
* Owns responsibility for production facility infrastructure and its improvement.
* Owns responsibility for process implementation and process improvement.
* Collaborates and proactively works with project managers and engineering throughout the project lifecycle to gain an understanding of production-related deliverable and milestone objectives on each of their projects, co-develop and maintain a project-specific production schedule for each, inform them of production status, set realistic expectations, and define the production resources required to meet project objectives.
* Collaborates and proactively works with all Leidos personnel, across all functional areas, including quality assurance, planning, purchasing, engineering, configuration management, inventory control, material control, etc. to support on-going and future production projects. This may include supporting business-wide financial and staff planning, as well as involvement in capture efforts.
* Communicates production needs, limitations and opportunities for improvement up the organizational chain.
* Communicates and administers production-related policies and best-practices.
* Communicates effectively and professionally with customers and suppliers.
* Champions MSS Lynnwood’s production capabilities and personnel.
* Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Controlling (PEMC of the PMP framework):
* Seeks to understand the actual, projected, and potential production needs of each project, and to integrate that understanding into an evolving, and overarching master production plan (MPP).
* Tracks the status and “health” of the production-related activities for each project through the lens of the production resources overall.
* Management: This role is expected to be a supervisory position (i.e. administrative management in addition to technical direction). In this role the Maritime Systems Production Manager will perform a full range of managerial duties for employees supervised, including recruitment, salary administration, performance reviews, counseling, and employee development. Basic Qualifications * Commensurate with primary responsibilities described above
* Prefer 7-10 years of manufacturing and production experience with at least 3 years spent in a supervisory position. A strong technical background in electronic assembly and/or electromechanical assembly manufacturing is highly desirable.
* Previous knowledge/experience in production planning, quality control techniques and industrial/production engineering preferred. Knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvement procedures.
* Leadership experience in multidisciplinary manufacturing environment. Strong mentoring and motivational abilities. Ability to resolve conflict among diverse groups and develop teamwork and cooperation among multiple departments.
* Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision; ability to effectively handle multiple projects with a record of accomplishment of successful project completion; and ability to remain positive and effective under pressure.
* Strong, effective, and professional communication (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of staff, management, and internal and external contacts.
* Ability to take initiative in troubleshooting of issues; creative in determining approach or action to take in non-routine situations.
* Budget management experience.
* Experience with material requirements planning (MRP) tools, such as Costpoint ERP.
* Experience developing, managing, and adhering to ISO 9001:2008 processes.
* Must be competent in use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
* Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects
* Active Secret Clearance Preferred Qualifications * Expert Costpoint ERP user.
* Experience working in any of the production staff roles, whether technical, managerial or administrative.
* Experience working in government contracting environment.
* Experience with maritime and/or underwater systems. External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework: No Clearance Level Required: Secret Travel: Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Requisition Category: Professional Job Family: Manufacturing Pay Range: